[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom has been using an iPad for so long and she hates it. She
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
My mom has been using an iPad for so long and she hates it. She hates not having the flexibility of just switching tabs or opening up a music player in the background with the convenience and speed of her windows PC.

What's a cheap laptop/tablet that you guys would recommended? It doesn't need to be fast, all she does is browse the web and watch youtube videos.
>>
Maybe she should buy a second iPad to do something else on it like all the normal people do.
>>
invest in a netbook

most of them are quad core and run full windows on them, not that windows rt shit

if too expensive, go for the older generation of netbooks with the atom n270 processors in them, they're slower and smaller but they're gr8 with an ssd like my dell mini
>>
>>51556128
anything that is about 200 usd would be enough...from the top of my head asus eebook, hp stream or acer cloudbook
>>
>>51556128
used thinkpad x220t
>>
>>51557921
Is desktop + netbook the true masterrace (for students)?
>>
>>51556143
go away Steve Jobs
>>
>>51556128
Make your mom happy and buy her a chromebook
>>
File: 1394226766071.gif (980 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1394226766071.gif
980 KB, 245x176
>the ipad craze is coming to an end
>>
File: alec-baldwin-1.jpg (8 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
alec-baldwin-1.jpg
8 KB, 210x240
>>51556128
>with the convenience and speed of her windows PC
>It doesn't need to be fast
I'm getting mixed messages here.
>>
>>51560458
Tablets are replacing PCs for regular shit like listening to music and watching YouTube. Both these things are impossible to fuck up on an iPad. Unless of course you want to listen to FLAC, but OPs mom probably uses Spotify.
>>
Just buy her a subscription to YouTube™ Red©
It's an amazing service that allows advanced features that were impossible to pull off without proper funding, like playing music while using another app
For only $9.99 a month, it's a steal!
>>
Thinkpad with Lubuntu for tech illiterates is heaven.
>>
>>51556128
chromebook or hp stream 11 or 13
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.