[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any idea why that recent Win10 update uninstalls Speccy when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1448492321329.jpg (162 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1448492321329.jpg
162 KB, 1600x900
Any idea why that recent Win10 update uninstalls Speccy when it seems to work fine?
>>
Because they do whatever the fuck they want with your (their) computer. Bend over, bitch.
>>
>>51547848
I mean, you can just immediately reinstall it with no compatibility issues, so I don't understand why they would take such a heavy-handed approach.
>>
>2015
>Speccy

They are doing you a favor.
>>
>>51547920
What do you use, then?
>>
Because, according to Microsoft, they are trying to make the user experience as nice as possible, and somewhere along their tests of applications Pajeet decided that Speccy harms this experience. If I had to guess its probably because Speccy isn't always accurate and may even interfere with components of windows or even cause BSODs. All in all, I think they just made the experience worse not better. They should at least give an opt-in option.
>>
>>51547964
Speccy has been proven to lie about temperature's on AMD CPUs and gpus
>>
>>51547823
lol people are using windows 10?
>>
>>51547823
Same reason it dislikes hwmonitor and cpu-z. The UXtards at Microsoft don't think you need to know what's going on beneath your cell phone's hood.

What's that, you say? You installed Win10 on a desktop PC? Well, serves you right for installing a mobile-influenced OS-as-a-service on what used to be a computer.
>>
>>51548451
Okay, that's cool. What do you use.
>>
>>51548451
Deliberately? There is actually no standardized way for reporting and interpreting temperatures, I'd imagine it's just confused.
>>
>>51547823
Download CPU Z or Aida 64, forget this shit.
>>
>>51547863
SHITS BUGGY
H
I
T
S

B
U
G
G
Y
>>
>>51548512
CPU Z was also auto-removed with this update, not sure about the other one.
>>
>>51548482
no its a hoax. absolutely no one uses windows 10
>>
>>51548482
Tell me better os. I know, you cant.
>>
>>51548612
>>
>>51548621
>lower performance
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.