[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help, /g/ Is it normal to bend the pins (pic related)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: din2pcb.png (31 KB, 592x417) Image search: [Google]
din2pcb.png
31 KB, 592x417
Please help, /g/

Is it normal to bend the pins (pic related) of components that are to be soldered to a printed circuit board?
>>
I'm asking because I want to fit the PCB inside a box but it might not fit because of the height of the pins when they aren't bended
>>
>>51541764

Not really, depends how hack it is.

Do the pins line up with your solder holes? If so, through holes, solder, trim.

If not, I'd run wire to solder points.

Bending is an option, but not a good one, as a bend can break connection
>>
>>51541792
Thanks a lot.

I don't have a board yet. I have to be custom made.

I guess it might be better to find a box with more height unless it's normal to make holes that line up with with the pins.
>>
>>51541867

It's definitely normally to have a board that lines up with components. If you're designing it yourself, design it that way.
>>
>>51541764
You're fucked
>>
>>51541783
You can always cut off the excess leads.
>>
>>51542097
thanks.

that begs the question how close the component (not excluding the pins) can be to the board. Any idea?
>>
>>51542250
Dude you have too throw away the entire motherboard now! You could open yourself up to hacks by other countries. Be careful anon
>>
>>51542411
can other countries enter my home through solder holes?
>>
>>51542250
No distance minimum unless you are using something that makes heat; processor, relay, etc. Then youll want a little room around it, otherwise, theres no minimum. You can even pot the board once you get it built to hold components. Once soldered in place, you can trim the pins down to about nothing past the board.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.