[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i will buy a VPN the next week (i think i'll go with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1441909206739.jpg (54 KB, 960x954) Image search: [Google]
1441909206739.jpg
54 KB, 960x954
so i will buy a VPN the next week (i think i'll go with mullvad or pia) and i've got some question.

i want to use the vpn on a couple of VM, i do some shady things like flipping accounts and shits and i torrent very much (and my ISP don't like it).

my question is if i use the VPN on VMs and my real machine (which i use for personal data and games) will this null the VPN anonimity?

let me explain it better, let's assume on the VM i have the xx.x.xx.xxx ip, on the real machine i will have the same ip or not? there's some possibility they can cross track all my activity?
>>
throw the ham on the pussy
>>
>>51536651
>let's assume on the VM i have the xx.x.xx.xxx ip, on the real machine i will have the same ip or not?
Only the local ip is different unless configured otherwise
>>
>>51536651
>pia
>shady

You deserve it
>>
>>51536893
so is better to use the vpn only on one machine at time?
>>
>>51537079
give me a better alternative
>>
>>51537212
running your own on a VPS
>>
>>51537190
It's fine either way, some vpn provider might limit the number of connections per account though
>>
File: 78500944.jpg (19 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
78500944.jpg
19 KB, 346x346
Hijacking: I've been contemplating a VPN, PiA deal for 30$. I never get complaints from ISP though and I've been torrenting for years. What's the added benefit of a VPN?
>>
>>51537274
encryption
you look cool when talking about it
>>
>>51537224
>leaving your data on a server you don't own
no thanks.
>>
>>51537306
>"heeey gurl, wanna talk about my aes-256 encryption?"
>>
>>51537319
I run my own
>>51537324
people like it when I give out the info because then they don't get caught by uni for doing illegals
>>
>>51537360
do you have a physical server?
>>
>>51537456
nah, too poor
10$/mo option on DO
>>
i read this http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/17855/is-it-possible-to-identify-a-vpn-user-by-finding-relations-in-traffic
what do you think?
>>
>>51536651
I don't recall the terms of pia and have never heard of mullvad, but I use NordVPN on my VMs. They have a /dev/null logging policy, based in Panama, many servers in different countries, have god tier support, the killswitch in the software (in case of connection loss) works great, they are pretty cheap (I pay $4 months, but I got a discount) and especially they allow you 6 connections.

>on the real machine i will have the same ip or not?
nope you will only have the VPN on the VM.

>there's some possibility they can cross track all my activity?
The traffic to your VPN provider is encrypted. I have a stupid 10GB cap per day for p2p and my ISP can't see it's p2p.
If you are talking about the different IP on the host, that won't matter at all.
>>
>>51536651
HAM ON CAT
>>
>>51537727
yeah but what if you login to your personal email while using vpn?
>>
>>51538119
Are you asking if it's secure or can you send outgoing emails?
>>
>>51538146
i'm asking if it will compromise the vpn purpose
>>
>>51538186
Your email provider will see that someone from (vpn server location) has logged into the account but there isnt much you can do about that.

Your ISP, however, will be none the wiser.
>>
>>51536651
I would bully that cat's owner.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.