[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think that some new thing in science or medicine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 384x384
Does anyone else think that some new thing in science or medicine will allow us to live forever (barring an accident of some kind) within our lifetime?
>>
Will not be allowed to happen until we can colonise other planets. We would run out of room in 2 years if we only had Earth to live on
>>
>>51534299
With that logic we should be out room in 4 years even with death
>>
Every generation thinks they're the ones to live forever.
>>
>>51534325
pretty much. are you unfamiliar with things like euthanasia and one child per family policies?
>>
>>51534288
nope. are you 12 or something, people fucking die. get over it.
>>
>>51534340
I am familiar with both, and one child is being abolished after being a complete failure.

Except there is no reason to think we are running out of room, and that's coming from someone living in NYC
>>
>>51534340
>can live forever
>choose to die

yeah the more likely scenario is that the cure to death would be witheld to ALL but the upper echelon in society (top 0.1 of the top 0.01 percent), and kept a secret on top of that. can you imagine the pandemonium that would ensue when people fought over this? and in all likelyhood even if it wasn't kept secret, the RESOURCES needed to cure death for any one person would be a limited commodity which gives another reason for those in power to commit mass genocide to gain control over
>>
no. within 100 years you will be able to upload your consciousness into a computer so your "spirit" can live on to benefit others, but it will never really be as creative or clever as a real human consciousness. It will be like a memory copy, never really able to come up with new ideas but very responsive and informative about topics the user has memories of. It'll eventually be like a memory back up, that can be experienced by others via complex neural emulators. No more documenting your activities, just sync your memory bank into your employers database when you leave everyday.

There will be media online that will consume your senses and fake reality, because it will have been "filmed" using a real humans sensory perception.
>>
I don't want to live forever. I wish I would randomly die in my sleep.
>>
>>51534428
Pretty cool idea teebeeh

Why believe we can't add to our virtual conscious? At that point, what's to stop cloning/virtual personalities? What's to stop complete mind control and human soldier farms?

Why won't humans come with a "starter pack" of intelligence/memories? Why won't we be brains in superior bodies, or not exist at all? Only the smartest would exist as real forms.

Imagine clone troopers; copies of a perfect soldier like Metal Gear.
>>
>>51534428

fuck you, you just reminded me of that shit anime called Ghost In The Shell that I wasted so much time trying to complete because my normie and non-normie friends were raving over it

anime, not even once
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.