[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winfags BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: annasimone.jpg (53 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
annasimone.jpg
53 KB, 600x500
How is that there aren't any GNU/Linux distro that mimics windows as there are some that mimics OSX?
>>
>>51528351
Because window is already perfect.
>>
Zorin
>>
File: anna_simon(2).jpg (42 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
anna_simon(2).jpg
42 KB, 1024x576
>>51528384
>windows vista theme
>>
>>51528351
mint
theres also a win95 de
>>
>>51528351
There were many, in like 2000...
>>
>>51528351
solus
>>
>>51528380
Then why aren't any distros mimicking it
>>
>>51528610
It became obvious that people didn't want that.
>>
>>51528380
Because windows is ugly

fixed for you
>>
1) Learn to english
2) More distros mimic windows than osx. Elementary is the only osx clone i can think of off the top of my head. While most debain flavors have a windows feel to them
>>
The only reason I can't use Linux is because I love how Windows looks and feels and no matter how hard I try to switch I always miss muh Windows
>>
>>51528351
ZorinOS, Linux Mint with Cinnamon

EZ
>>
>>51528351
Because lindows got sued.
>>
Because most Linux developers and users don't like Windows, and regard it as inferior.

Why would they want to copy it?
>>
>>51528380
>window is already perfect.

Does Windows 10 have multiple work spaces yet?

Because then the tile system would indeed be perfect:
- no overlapping windows
- enough space to keep everything either fullscreen or splitscreen
>>
>>51528380
/thread
>>
>>51528351
>>never heard of Linux Mint
>>enjoys knowing every keystroke is being logged while yelling at his mom upstairs to bring down more hambargarhALpahr!!
>>
>>51529651
>Does Windows 10 have multiple work spaces yet?
Yes, it's had that since the very first W10 tp in October 2014.

Windows itself has had it since like XP but there was no front end for it so you could never actually use it.
>>
>>51530037
wrong, i used hydravision (ati stuff that shipped with the drivers) back in 2002/2003 and it worked just fine on xp. so there was at least one interface for it (i seem to recall installing it on a laptop with a s3 gc and it worked there too).
>>
>>51530615
I meant built in front end. I'm aware that 3rd party tools could "activate" the feature. It was a part of the kernel, however, and the operating system itself provided no native way to use it.
>>
>>51528575
https://solus-project.com

for those who don't wanna google
>>
>>51528351
>what is KDE, fvwm95 or the numerous other windows clone interfaces available for the platform over the years

shit, even if they aren't attempts to clone the interface they still try to aesthetically mimic all of the most obnoxious glossy tasteless shit in XP and Vista had to offer.
>>
>>51528429

that bodice must be laced with Vibranium
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.