[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my parts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-08-53-25.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-08-53-25.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
Did I do good? The bubble wrapped items are LG blueray and a WD black 2tb hd, I have another of the same card already in another PC that I use for work/gaming, any advice is appreciated, thanks.
>>
aside from the memest of the meme cooler and that wack wireless adapter, 8/10
>>
>mot mac
Disgusting
>>
>>51505122
You're missing the heatsink for 950 pro.
>>
>>51505122
>wireless on a desktop
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>51505122
Jelly
>>
File: bielpizza.jpg (65 KB, 455x478) Image search: [Google]
bielpizza.jpg
65 KB, 455x478
>wireless
>>
>>51505267
this
>>
>>51505267

My desktop isn't near an ethernet port so...
>>
>>51505307
So? Are you living on a football frield and the router is at the other side or something?
Get a longer cable and punch some holes in the walls.
>>
>>51505319

Old house and I'm upstairs - router is downstairs.
>>
>>51505307
Are you genuenly retarded? What is cable? What is drill? What is use your brain you dumb fuck.

You are fucking your own asshole by running wireless
>>
>>51505341

>what is cable

I'd rather not run it down the fucking stairs, I'll end up tripping up on that shit.

>what is drill

It's upstairs.

>you are fucking your own asshole by running wireless

ISP speeds are 40Mbps, I get 40Mbps with wireless - I don't see the problem.
>>
What you going to do with that system OP? Actually have a mission? or just play around and get bored of it after a couple months?
>>
>>51505328
Buy a Ethernet cable and hang yourself with it.

I live in a house that was built in 1930 so don't give me that old house bullshit, also can you drill just left and right? How fucking dense are you drilling down is the easiest way to drill!
>>
>>51505122
literally meme: the conputer build
>>
>>51505386

>1930
>old

Mine's a fucking renovated Tudor house m8.

If I drill into the side and route it down one of the beams could easily come down, I'm not fucking with it.

And like I said, I get the same speeds - I don't see the issue.
>>
>>51505328
Had the same problem five years ago and wireless didn't reach upstairs. Do yourself a favor and ask your electrician to run an ethernet cable through the wall.
>>
>>51505328

My router is two floors downstairs. Pipe it through the ventilation, senpai.
>>
>>51505416

>ask your electrician

I might consider this, thanks.

Honestly though - I haven't had issues with it, I've been getting full speeds - so why change?
>>
>>51505435

Why don't you just use a USB adapter instead of that gigantic piece of shit.
>>
>>51505435
Reliability. you are on /gentoo/ for fucks sake the whole point of what we preach is reliability
>>
>>51505456

I use a USB adapter, I'm not OP.

>>51505459

I've had the same speeds for the past 4 years - how is that not reliable?
>>
>>51505466

Sorry, yeah wherever OP is wondering why he doesn't just use one.
>>
>>51505479

Well, yeah I would say the same.

I was mostly responding to the people wholly against wireless.

Ethernet will always be superior, but sometimes it is not always practical.

Sure, I could've done some work (probably at some expense if I got somebody to do it), but instead I bought a £15 TP link USB adapter with no issues.

Exactly the same speeds as ethernet downstairs, has been for 4 years.
>>
how the fuck are we supposed to know if you did good when you didn't even built the build?

you can have god-tier parts and still have a shit pc
>>
>>51505466
Because even though wireless can give you the same bandwidth, you will suffer from latency.
>>
>>51505122
Should have waited for the new 14nm GPUs. Paying $600+ for 28nm in late 2015 is fucking stupid.
>>
File: aio.jpg (59 KB, 766x1076) Image search: [Google]
aio.jpg
59 KB, 766x1076
>>51505122

>H100iGTX

Fucking trendy garbage AIO cooler that is loud as fuck.
Should have got something heavily expandable that cools better and is 12db quieter for only $10 more, like the Swiftech H220-X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmlVs974tQ&t=10m30s
>>
>>51505659
$600 is literally nothing to someone with a job.
>>
>>51505384
Op here, goal was to play games @ 4k with decent resolution, I also do light 4k editing. Once I throw it together I'll post pics. My router is on 3rd floor, pc is on bottom floor in corner but I probably will figure out ethernet. On wirless now I get about 60mbs. Current pc is i7 4700k @ 4.2, same video card, 16gb Corsair vengeance pro and multiple ssd drives totaling 3tb which I'll part out on ebay except the gpu. Thanks the helpful feedback.
>>
>>51505785
Op here, I'm a Senior Electrical Engineer at a tier one supplier to the auto industry, this was about 1/5th of bonus so it's not like I spent all my $ on it.
>>
>>51505758
@9:50 in the video, are the stock fans on Corsair water coolers really that loud?

How did they ever get so popular?
>>
>>51505758
That's nice looking, too, the corsair was suggested to me from a guy who works in the server room, guess he doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
Wtf...Im a senior electrical enginner at a gm plant...our line workers make more than most ppl in this thread amd half are borderline retard, they make $29 an hour and time 1/2 Fridays = $82,940 a year, with profit sharing its $90,940! No degree required and they're protected by rhe UAW, lol.

Must suck to work so hard in college and get paid less than a monkey who slaps shit tier cars together.
>>
>>51505865
because for the longest time they were one of the few that actually made AIO coolers?

everyone else like swiftech joined the party to late. gave corsair plenty of time to build a image and recognition.

anyways the h100i gtx is still a great cooler. at low fan speeds it matches a d15 but doesn't take up half your motherboard. yeah the fans are extremely loud at higher settings to outmatch the d15, but you don't have to run them maxed out.

other ones like the swiftech or EK AIO series are better, but they're typical more expensive. you can easily find the h100i gtx on sale somewhere for about $99 while the swiftch and EK ones can go from $140 - $200.
>>
>>51505122
how much did all that cost?
>>
>>51506032
also corsair warranty is pretty damn good.

over the years i've seen threads on overclock.net of people who had leaks and corsair wrote them $1,000+ checks to replace all the parts damaged by the leaks.

yeah took them a few weeks to go through the process, but never really seen any other company willing to write a blank check worth $1,000+ for a water leak outside of insurance companies.
>>
I avoided the corsair h100 coolers because I heard their software is a nightmare. Went with the CM nepton 240m instead. The fans are quiet as hell, so quiet that my pump is actually louder.
>>
Forgot your case
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.