[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh windows botnet >muh apple botnet >muh NSA botn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1446491311416.png (5 KB, 462x402) Image search: [Google]
1446491311416.png
5 KB, 462x402
>muh windows botnet
>muh apple botnet
>muh NSA botnet
>muh google botnet
>muh linux not botnet
It doesn't matter faggots, it stopped to be about software anyway, botnet is in your processors. How do you explain yourselves now? No matter what OS,browser,... they all run two brands of processors and they have backdoor and botnets inside them. Lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGuIGLz01hE
Resistance is futile. We lost before we even knew what computers are.
>>
Uhhh I don't care? Privacy is for ISIS I don't need privacy I have NSA looking over me
>>
>>51504625

My Motorola 68000 is bullet proof.
>>
>>51504625
>pop and push not equal
how?
>>
i was just thinking the other day about how if i avoided all the botnets there would be no enjoyment in using a computer anymore. it made me sad.
>>
>>51504625
>x86 processors are the only kinds of processors in existence.
>>
>>51504722
Windows crashes explained. Stack overflows everywhere.
>>
>>51504722
You don't need pop everything you push, you can just subtract from the stack pointer.

Think a function call: push, push, push, call, sub
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 475x309) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 475x309
>>
>>51504744
>implying a majority of the modern personal computers doesn't run x86/x86-64 today
dont kid yourself
>>
>>51504625
nasty
>>
>>51504848
running my comfy c201 with libreboot and an arm processor, stay shill
>>
>>51504924
did you have a hard time interpreting "a majority"?
>>
>>51505007
> a majority of people don't use tablets or phones
got it, chief
>>
>>51505032
>>51504848
>"modern personal computers"
can you read?
>>
Did anywone actually watch it?
I don't understand, anything, exept maybe that there is some stack, 4k memory, SMM and i don't know what?
pls help
>>
>>51505539

There's a subsystem that is invisible to your OS. It can be used to gain root privileges over your entire system.
>>
>>51505434
> "personal computers"
the majority of a minority is still a minority, nice point though
>>
File: cry.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
>>51504924
>However, on 27 May 2014 Intel announced that it has entered into a strategic agreement with Rockchip to accelerate the adoption of the Intel architecture and Intel's communication-based solutions for a range of entry-level tablets targeted at the worldwide market.
>>
firewall
/thread
>>
>>51505685
if we considered phones and tablets as personal computers...
>>
>>51505823

Fine if you're router runs on a Z80 chip...
>>
SMM

IntelME - ARC co-processor, ThreadX OS.

Do you have /dev/mei on your Linux box? You are infected. SMM infection is a given. RING -3. You think you're root? That's only RING 0.

http://blog.invisiblethings.org/2015/10/27/x86_harmful.html

www.libreboot.org/faq/#intelme

DITCH INTEL anon. You know it is true. They f'kd us.
>>
Libreboot x200.
Intel GTFO
>>
>>51505881
routers use MIPS CPUs, and you can install openwrt on them.
>>
>>51505901
that bitch is a fucking feminist
>>
>>51506825

Ad hominem tu quoque,

Get back to /pol/ you cretin.
>>
>>51504625
I gave up the botnet meme a long time ago
I still keep using Linux because it jest werks.All the software I need are available and there is no need to go for anything else.
>inb4 luddite
How?Its a fucking computer and OS is just a fucking software that manages my hardware resources.Windows 10 does'nt work on my decade old computer.
>>
>>51504625
So what. In a few years computers will become disposable gadgets. You buy one, you use it for a while then throw it and get a new one for cheap.

The future for the most common household computing are something like intel compute sticks. You get one for 100 bucks, use it for most common PC tasks then throw it after using it a bit and get another one. Did it get infected, rootkited, etc? No problem, the data was backed up in the cloud or external storage, you can throw that computer in the garbage bin and get another, since they're cheap and you don't even have to install an OS on them.

These times when your "rig" is soo important and precious that you have to do anything to protect it from malicious external stuff will be gone.

And once encryption on the web becomes very common, this also becomes a non-issue.
>>
So if I use my old PowerPC Mac or Cubieboard I'll be safe?
>>
>>51509371
I need you to finnish highschool first before you answer on the subject of x86 rootkits
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.