[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started using Elementary OS today... Holy shit, I fucking love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: are_you_wizard.jpg (41 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
are_you_wizard.jpg
41 KB, 500x664
Started using Elementary OS today...
Holy shit, I fucking love it, its so beautiful, yet easy to use and light weight.
>>
>>51500490
shill please go
>>
>>51500490
it only lasts a few minutes
get arch while you can
>>
eOS is easy to use and very accessible
you won't get any support from anyone here

real talk though the eOS devs are greedy jews and that fact is reflected in their OS
>>
The novelty will wear off within a week.
>>
>>51502719
Could you elaborate at bit? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>51502719
>eOS devs are jews meme
Ubuntu does literally the same thing when you go to download it. Fair enough, Canonical have actually put the work in, but OTOH they sell support so they need donations even less than the eOS devs do.

tl:dr jews, jews everywhere
>>
go to bed Daniel
>>
>>51503284
>>51503305
Oh yeah they ask for money when DLing.
>>
File: ImCIAjpg.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
ImCIAjpg.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>51500490
>getting impressed by memeOS
You must be new. Enjoy
>>
>>51500751
I said that I like the OS now im a shill
Hb you faggot your the ones that say install Gentoo
>>
>>51503803
>Elementary
>Meme OS
>Gentoo and Arch are not
Ok
>>
>>51500782
No because I don't wanna spend my whole day to setup the desktop
>>
Debian is easy to use and light weight if you install lxde, xfce, openbox, etc. (not gnome or kde)
>>
>>51503938
>Believing Arch memes on /g/.
I miss being new, OP. Goodluck anyway; you'll learn the hard way
>>
>>51503983
Not new at all.
I don't beilive anything anyways.
>>
>>51500490
What version of Ubuntu is it based on? I used it a few months ago (and loved it) but had to revert back to Ubuntu because it was based on an older version of Ubuntu for which packages that I needed for my work wouldn't work with
The UI is very good, consistent and overall i loved it. If remember correct it's desktop is called pantheon, was it based on GNOME again? I don't remember but it's a pleasure to work with
>>
>>51505071
I don't know how to respond with what you were asking... But yea I think it is based on a older version of Ubuntu, I love it so much because of how visually appealing it is. Literally my fav OS now
>>
>>51503944
B-but sources.list is so inconvenient, anon
>>
>>51505095
>I love it so much because of how visually appealing it is.

so you know what it's like to be a macfag now
>>
>>51500490
>light weight.
It's gnome3 with a osx ripoff theme.
There's nothing lightweight about it.
>>
>>51505100
You've never used RPM then.
>>
>>51505125
It's a fork of GNOME 3, called pantheon, so it's not the same thing
They are similar but pantheon has some great visual improvements and UX
>>
>>51505151
>It's a fork of GNOME 3, called pantheon, so it's not the same thing
Yeah and linux libre is a fork of linux so it's not the same thing

>ubango based
>ancient packages
>kike devs
>shitty OS X ripoff
They could've just made "mementheon" a widely available desktop environment like Cinnamon.
But nooo, gotta make yet another distro revolving around it.
>>
>>51505175
Who cares? The whole point of FOSS is to share code and use what suits you the best.
>>
>>51505108
I hate Apple desu senpai
>>
>>51505125
>Nothing lightweight about it
GTFO.
It ran on a laptop from like 2005 or someshit, ran perfectly at that
>>
This laptop struggled with Linux Mate 32bit, with Elementary, its back to life.
(I had Lubuntu on it for a while, and it was great and all but now it's way faster)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.