[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HR incompetance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: hemorrhoidsthu_jpg.jpg (22 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
hemorrhoidsthu_jpg.jpg
22 KB, 400x420
So /g/, I had an interview at a big tech company in Cali a month ago. They told me they'd let me know of the result in a week, but when I sent them an email after a week they told me they're having unexpected delays and that they'd let me know by the end of the next week. Well, by the end of another week I sent them another email but received no response for like a week.

Today, I got an email from them saying they're still experiencing unexpected delays but that I'm still under consideration. It looks like their HR is a huge mess despite being a well known company (they're not google tier but still well known).

At this point, I'm not even sure if I want to work for them even if they give me an offer.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
>>
>>51499231
You didn't get the job. They're just avoiding confrontation because that can be scary.
>>
>>51499231
If they can't even get hiring right, how do you expect them to be able to get anything complex right?

Who is this awful company so I can avoid them
>>
>>51499231
I'm pretty sure I have a hemorrhoid. Fuck.
>>
>>51499328

I seem to have multiple haemorrhoids hanging out my arse at the moment. Fuck my life.
>>
>>51499356
Get out of your chair every once in a while you fat fuck
>>
>>51499277
Nah they'd just tell me I didn't get the job OR just leave me hanging.

>>51499306
Am I being too much of a kek if I hope their HR incompetence doesn't carry over to their engineering teams?

The company name starts with "G"
>>
>>51499458
desu i wouldn't keep your hopes up

just keep applying to jobs and act like you didn't get this one.
>>
>>51499328
>>51499356
I've had hemorrhoids for years but I bought this sick ass cushion on amazon so I'm gud
>>
>>51499458
>The company name starts with "G"
Grindr?
>>
>>51499520
yeah i don't really count on them to give me an offer.
>>
>>51499458
Genentech, right?
>>
>>51499231
This can mean that they offered the job to someone else and have yet to fill the position because they either declined or are still deciding. They want to be sure you haven't completely written them off in case they need a fallback
>>
>>51499568
No this is a new branch of a multi billion dollar parent company
>>
>>51499458
Ginormous Dildos Inc?
>>
>>51499590
Gerber
>>
>>51499585
The email says the HR still hasn't even gathered all the decisions and feedback yet.

Are they lying to me? these fucks.
>>
>>51499613
nah and that was your last chance.
>>
>>51499231
Same here.

They ended up choosing not to hire me after asking questions when the hiring person asked if I had any questions. I was real patient with them too, sending e-mails to remind them of a scheduled phone interview, then proceeding to not get called, and then not get a response from the e-mail.

Apparently they gleaned that my willingness to be patient (a supposed virtue) was a sign that I didn't really want the job, and that asking questions after the entire 4 week process (note I still hadn't even had a face-to-face interview at this point, STILL) meant that I didn't know what I really wanted in a job.

I knew why I got declined because a good friend of mine from college asked around internally since they worked there and notified me of the opening to begin with.

3.912 GPA, already had relevant work experience for 2 years (I was still getting paid like an intern and there were some huge issues with nepotism and favoritism at the work place as far as who got advances, so I had to leave or accept being stuck at internship pay forever.)

I dunno who the fuck hires these recruiters. Like how the fuck are you doing your job if I, the recruitee, am reminding you of scheduled phone interviews an hour in advance of the phone call you're supposed to send my way, then sending an e-mail after waiting next to my phone for an hour that if it needs to be rescheduled to let me know a better time for them.

I'm glad I didn't work for them, because I was able to send a resume to a NASA contractor on a Thursday afternoon, got scheduled for an interview THE VERY NEXT FRIDAY MORNING, and then confirmed that I got a job to work at NASA the WEDNESDAY AFTER. I really like my new job here.
>>
In my experience, if they don't absolutely scramble to hire you, you didn't get the job. But then again, my field is severely understaffed (due to the massive amounts of travel required.)
>>
>>51500176
This.

Just move on OP. They aren't worth your time. Don't wait with bated breath when you should be applying to other locations.

If they wanted you, and I mean really wanted you, they would've said yes already.
>>
Are hemorrhoids curable without surgery?
>>
>>51500176
I was given the run around a bit for my job. The company is expanding into a new region, and they were only out here occasionally. After "things came up and we weren't able to meet with you" happened 3 times, they finally settled on a Skype interview. They called me like 10 days later (was supposed to be that Friday) and gave me the job.

So, you never know
>>
>>51500344
Pinch it in your fingers and squeeze really hard.
It will get the message.
>>
File: 1443955345142.gif (995 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
1443955345142.gif
995 KB, 257x194
>>51500063
>NASA

Impressive/10
>>
>>51500438
*NSA
>>
File: 318.png (25 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
318.png
25 KB, 360x361
>>51500453
>>
I was called after a month, way after losing interest. Jobs are like relationships man, I don't wanna be a second choice or better-than-nothing.
>>
>>51500210
Well maybe OP doesn't really want them either. it might be like "if neither of us can find someone better i guess we'll settle at this level" kinda thing. I certainly wouldn't want them after their blatant delaying.
>>
>>51500344
Yes. Many of them are cause by a combination of cardiovascular distress, gastrointestinal abuse and physical trauma. These are blood clots that half itch and half burn - if you are shitting sunflower seeds a few hours a day. I got one at 25 on a 15 hour trans-Pacific flight during a 2 week drunk-by-noon binge.
>>
>>51499527
Do you do anything in particularly that you think might be the cause of those hemorrhoids?
>>
>>51499231
you didn't get the job
>>
>>51499231
every company is hesitant to hire someone out of state, they do not want to pay for relocation, which is very short sighted since it is such a small percentage of total cost of hiring.

>>51499401
and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes, helps with eye strain.

>>51500453
In the utah data center? how is it there? I hear Salt Lake City is a nice place to work for tech. Also, what VPN do you recommend?
>>
>>51500794
i got them in my first year of college when i just sat around the whole day on shitty chairs
>>
File: 1446583354988.jpg (38 KB, 571x596) Image search: [Google]
1446583354988.jpg
38 KB, 571x596
>>51500864
Weird. Are you overweight?

I briefly had a small external one for like a week and I was freaking out. However I engage in some hefty anal masturbation so all I had to do was stop and it went away.

Seems unlikely that they would occur without lots of consistent pressure.
>>
I can confirm that sitting on shitty chairs a lot does this to do. I'm not even close to overweight.
>>
>>51500888
I consider myself fit, but you'd probably think i'm skinny. thing is, i don't have any external protrusions. i just can't sit on hard surfaces or mediocre chairs for long without my cushion because it starts to hurt like crazy.

maybe i should see a doctor.
>>
>>51501005
Perhaps. There must be some cause.
>>
>>51499231

They want to keep stringing you along as long as possible just in case the other guy flakes.
They dont want to commit to you because they had someone else in mind, probably even bore the interview.
But at the same time, it seems that you aced the interview and dont want to lose contact with you until they know good and well they can afford it.

Whether your stuck in limbo, currently jobless, and genuinely waiting in them to get back to you means fuck all to them.

Welcome to IT. lol.
>>
>>51500453
>>51500498
>>51500808
That guy's not me.

When I said NASA, I did mean NASA. Johnson Space Center, to be specific, and I do work on-site, rather than in the contract company's main office offsite.

Unfortunately, it's not as impressive as it actually is. I do some tech support and maintain some internal web applications. I'm not a bleeding-edge rocket scientist.

A janitor that happens to clean up at NASA isn't necessarily that much more impressive than a janitor that happens to work at a different office building. Same idea here. My specific duties aren't extravagant.

However, as >>51500438 can confirm, having the acronym NASA on your resume is a hell of a resume boost in the future, if I ever decide to get a change of pace. Everyone attributes NASA to being highly advanced, and while true, it's only a very minor portion of the entire workforce that works for or is contracted by NASA.
>>
>>51499356
Get a stand up desk, that cured me
>>
It is possible that you are still on the list of candidates, but it sounds like you are about #10 and they are trying to get #1-9 to accept. It is just the way the corporate world works.
>>
Tell them you can install gentoo on all their machines in just a few hours of work.
>>
Yes. Not necessarily a small company, but their HR department seemed to be understaffed. Someone went on leave, and I had to wait like a month before I was employed. Was worth it though, got out of the shithole I was in previously.
>>
>>51499458
>Google Sydney
kek
>>
even at google HR completely sucks ass. the hiring process takes about 6 months and even if you got the job (which you will know 3 months in) they don't know shit where you're going to work and what your job will be.

>maybe software engineer in sydney
>or dev ops in dublin
>toilet cleaner in zurich
>nah, london it is!
>oh - staff has to approve shit first. munich would also be possible. yeah.
>okey, no. fuck this guy - put him in bukarest

people put up with shit like that because they think it's great to work at google. protip: it isn't.
>>
>>51499231
Why do I find a picture of an anus with hemorrhoids so mesmerizing?
>>
>>51499231
Happened to me too. The explanation is probably the people who actually make the call haven't decided yet or they have been doing more interviews.

In my case, there was this dumb bitch who was handling the whole thing, and she couldn't give me an answer until her colleague didn't manage to take a look at the work I did for them, as a test.

So, the whole thing lasted for about 3 weeks after which she finally managed to call me and tell me they hired someone else. Piece of shit company if you ask me. Made me waste one week working on a page which was supposed to be a test.

I'll never take such tests again. Either you have something for me to solve in 1 or 2 hours or you can shove your one-week-of-work test in your hemorrhoid hole.
>>
>>51500063
>Apparently they gleaned that my willingness to be patient (a supposed virtue) was a sign that I didn't really want the job, and that asking questions after the entire 4 week process (note I still hadn't even had a face-to-face interview at this point, STILL) meant that I didn't know what I really wanted in a job.

this is some grade A bullshit right there.
>>
File: 1440578689663.gif (2 MB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1440578689663.gif
2 MB, 420x315
>>51500404
>sound medical advice from /g/
>>
>>51499231
>in Cali
HR psychologist here, stopped reading there.
>>
>>51499231
Yeah OP trust me don't rock the boat.
I don't know how old you are but if they offer you heaps of money and they are incompetent like that then its a dream job.
The job I am in took over two months between interview and hire, they are incompetent as fuck, and they think i am fucking amazing for showing the slightest bit of initiative.

Who the fuck want to work for competent people? You don't have to lower your work standards, it just makes life easy.
>>
>>51499231
This is the sad reality of the tech industry right now. Lots of middlemen in between you and the job you want. Most of them are just recruiters/staffers who have no Earthly idea about STEM and almost all of them are looking to reduce your pay so they get a better finders fee.
>>
In the summer if i dont drink at least 5l of water a day and avoid bread i always get hemorrhoids
>>
>>51499231
>implying HR statements and "reasons" given make sense or have any relevance
>implying HR follows logic rather than making "decisions" based on the whims of damsels who got there because they sleep/slept with someone higher up the foodchain
>implying at least 70% of the average HR department isn't just useless filler that should be fired (but, guess what, they won't fire themselves, duh)
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.