[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is California the best place to live if you want to experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 23.png (702 KB, 600x768) Image search: [Google]
23.png
702 KB, 600x768
So is California the best place to live if you want to experience cutting edge technololgy and innovation???

>tfw live in nowhereland, canada
>tfw no stripe
>no uber
>no robot security guards
>no driverless cars
>no google fibre
>no innovation
>no motivation
>>
>>51478674
That quote is so stupid and meaningless.
>>
>>51478674
If you want a 15% sales tax
>>
>>51478706
canada already has sales tax, albeit, 12% at most.
>>
I'm from Michigan and I lived in California for 6 months for work.
It was awful, everyone who lives there is an insufferable faggot. Would never live there, don't even want to visit. The landscape was nice enough, and there was some great driving roads, but the people ruin it all.
>>
>>51479999
nice quads

what made everyone insufferable??

im curious.
>>
>>51478674
Silicon valley and the bay area go beyond cutting edge of off into "drinking the kool-aid" territory. So you get the innovation but you also get VC bubbles and companies with no revenues that have billion-dollar valuations, and a big dose of distilled John Oliver-grade SJWism.
>>
>cutting edge technololgy and innovation

Not anymore. Unless you startup related to the neo-progressive agenda and has nothing to do with technology or innovation, you might not succeed at all over there.

Plus, it's expensive and the people suck, faggots everywhere and the weather is awful.
>>
Silicone Valley

Prepare to pay 3k a month rent though
>>
YOU'RE BETTER OFF LIVING IN SHENZEN OR HONG KONG
>>
>>51478799
get the fuck out, it's 15% in nova scotia
>>
File: Site_du_JPL_en_Californie.jpg (1 MB, 2867x2242) Image search: [Google]
Site_du_JPL_en_Californie.jpg
1 MB, 2867x2242
I've lived in California my entire life. (24 years) I am an engineer and typically as far as tech goes, we have the most cutting edge aerospace tech on the planet. That includes one of the greatest private institutions when it comes to technology. (Cal tech)

My mentor was an engineer for 20 years and the best of his colleagues he was recruited to work in Area 51 doing God knows what, but mostly something having to do with advanced technology.

You can really hit your peak in California, unless you're talking about small gizmos that fart when you press a button and petty tech like that.
>>
>>51480309

How about social media bullshit?
>>
>>51478674
are you going to go there illegally?
>>
File: this is what you look like.jpg (43 KB, 332x396) Image search: [Google]
this is what you look like.jpg
43 KB, 332x396
>>51480343
Fuck social media. Pic related it's me

Yes, there is plenty of it here. Depending on how far north or south you want to go, you can work at facebook or twitter. Both of these are at the pinnacle of social media at the moment.
>>
>>51478799
13% in Ontario, aka the only province that matters.
>>
California is gay. I hate it here.
I'd go to Texas.
Too expensive here.
t. Californian
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.