[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning C++, C# via audio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 125536237734.jpg (25 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
125536237734.jpg
25 KB, 610x610
I listen to music while I work. But I've been trying to get into programming. Time at home is limited and I'm usually pretty tired in my resting hours. Was wondering if there are any audio format tutorials for learning different languages. Something I can just zone out to and learn on the go.

I've also heard bineural audio may have some benefits to learning, can anyone back this? If what would be the best way to incorporate that?
>>
nigga...
>>
>>51474289
Sup
>>
>>51474209
So what headphone is that?
>>
>>51474209
programming isn't something that you can learn passively
fuck off
>>
>>51474209
lazy tards like you shouldn't be programming in the first place
>>
>>51474209
It will be impossible to learn that way.
>>
>>51474209
>learning programming via headphones
No, coz its more about thinking and trying, than pasive listening
>learning some theory from school textbooks about CS, networks, servers and pc shit
yes, just got some ebook, use some Text-To-Speech program and enjoy your learning. At first time, you'll have problem with computer voice, but its only about habit.
>>
I hate to break it to you, but programming is easier to learn by writing something yourself.
Books often rely on visual aid or fomulas or algorithms all of which are hard to convey via voice.
I am not saying there isn't courses out there that do this, I am saying that they are no good.

"trying to get into programming" suggest that you have thought more about thinking about it than actual problem solving with computers.

The hard part is to understand how to describe your problems. Building models of what you are trying to achieve.
Understanding some syntax is the easy part.
Everyone can write a for loop that prints words.
The problem is to visualize the problem and to visualize the solution.

The most boring thing I have ever encountered was my intro to programming where a teacher just stood at the projector and stepped through the code with a debugger, showing what each line meant.
I showed up once and quickly discovered that I got more out of reading on my own and doing the exercises while sitting in the back of the class.

And just to burst your bobble even further, NEVER try to learn something by having playing in the background while you "zone out and learn on the go".
If you do not pay attention to it, you will not learn from it.
Learning a new skill takes effort, focus and time.
If you do not wish to spend either then move on to something else that doesn't require brain power.
>>
>>51475322
They're by Axent, who are two chicks at UC Berkeley who funded it with indiegogo.
Just went up for sale recently on bloomsdale or something and the reviews are trash.
Apparently the cans sound ok but the ear speakers are so garbage that nobody wants to use them.
They're also heavy so people are saying they can't dance without them falling off.
I'm really disappointed because I showed my gf the concept art way back when and got her all excited and then it's schwarbage.
Not to mention the actually cool version with programmable/cycling color LED's is like a thousand dollars or something.
>>
Are u pranking ??
>>
>>51477703
Too bad :^(
Thanks for the input bro
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.