[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android Rooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: android-root.png (22 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
android-root.png
22 KB, 900x506
Hey /g/ what are your must have's on your rooted phone?
>>
A shitty rom downloaded off xda, created and maintained by some random Indian teenager
>>
Titanium Backup
>>
>>51453256
AdAway.
>>
AdAway

there's literally nothing else you need
>>
>>51453256
AdAway as a few people mentioned already.

If you want better battery life then Greenify, Amplify (needs Xposed framework) and Power Nap.

Various Xposed modules if you want to change something specific.
>>
adaway
afwall
xposed
wifi tether
>>
AdAway, Link2SD, BusyBox, SDfix
>>
>>51453256
Adaway fucking kills my hosts file, fotcing the phone to get stuck on the logo bootup.
>>
Nexus 6, not since i installed marshmallow. Is there a simple chainfire root for marshmallow?
>>
Drivedroid.
>>
>>51453930
Wifi tether? Surely that can't be what it sounds like. Do you really need root access for that?
>>
>>51455447
For non-updated shitty android phone of course.
>>
How do I unroot and return my Galaxy S4 back to normal? I use Linux.
>>
>>51456031
flash the touchwiz S4 stock rom with odin or do a full unroot with superuser
>>
>>51453930
wifi tether only works with a handful of phones
>>
>>51454059
No autoroot, but there's a relatively simple to install root that's based on a new method. If you're going to have root, might as well learn adb anyway.
>>
Adfree
>>
Xposed framework modules:

Tinted status bar
Flat style colored keyboard
YouTube Adaway
>>
Dsploit
WifiKillPro
>>
Gravity Box
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-21-21-01-42.png (182 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-21-21-01-42.png
182 KB, 1080x1920
>>51453256
I rooted my phone and now Music, Youtube, Phone and camera dont work.

Never rooting again fuck that shit nigga
>>
>>51457620
>I'm too retarded to follow three steps from a guide.
>>
File: 1327034180611.jpg (62 KB, 600x629) Image search: [Google]
1327034180611.jpg
62 KB, 600x629
>>51458008
I just got through rooting my phone this morning.
It's not as easy as the 1337 anons make it sound.
Hang in there bro.
>>
>>51457620
>not making a nandroid backup before doing anything
>>
>>51457620
Uninstall play services, reinstall them
>>
>>51453256
fuck off
>>
>>51457620
What do you mean? Rooting doesn't affect any other app at all anon, rooting is just the process of install SuperSU or SU on your phone.
>>51453256
Cheesee pizza, tons of it, in every corner, every theme, every app.
>>
>>51456031
>>51457118
Well, Heimdall, not Odin
>>
>>51457620
I still use the droid 4 which is rather cheap on ebay atm so I got a spare one and rooted it without having to back up anything.
Just moved my sd and all my data over to the new rooted device.
Now I need to figure out how to aftermarket OS
I'm having trouble loading the adb, but I'm a n00b so there's probably a short between the keyboard and chair
>>
Xprivacy
Greenify
LuckyPatcher/Freedom GGuardian (for vidya)
>>
File: Screenshot_20151121-193443.png (347 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151121-193443.png
347 KB, 1080x1920
Nonstop after i flashed marshmallow... How do i fix this shit?
>>
>>51460861
it's the new store (5.0), it's crashing here too.
>>
>>51460932
so how do we fix it?
>>
File: 1412861384373.gif (4 MB, 232x219) Image search: [Google]
1412861384373.gif
4 MB, 232x219
>>51460990
we wait
Try disabling the playstore to revert to the factory version, then let it update by itself, do the same with google play services.
>>
>>51460861
Flash another Gapps you dumb fuck.
>>
This sums up my rooting history, started with droid and last one was lg g3, currently have s6 stock ROM (touchwiz). Can't beat stock ROM.
>>
>>51461055
reboot loop.
>>
Why even root anymore? The days of rooig to obtain functionality are long passed, unless you're a manchild that enjoys turning their phone into a riced out turd. I have a friend who installed cm and now neither of his cameras will work.
>>
>>51455447
Some old shitty phones don't have it, also some phones that are carrier locked. My unlocked 2014 flagship has it though. It varies.
>>
>>51458178
>Plug in phone
>Reboot to recovery
>Run cfautoroot.bat
>Enjoy root

You have to do literally nothing unless your manufacturer tried to lock it down like Fort Knox.
>>
>>51462307
the rooting part was in fact much simpler than I thought it'd be
I was gonna try and install cyanogenmod so I downloaded a bunch of programs and files that I didn't use b/c I couldn't figure out how to run adb properly
Therefore I wasted a large portion of my day finding files that I may or may not need
>>
>>51458178
I bought my first ever Android device about two weeks ago.. All in all it took me maybe 2 hours total to understand how to, and then root my device with custom bootloader and ROM.. (And that includes fucking it by using FDE) I really don't understand how it's as difficult as you make out.
>>
>>51465720
Vodafone Smart Prime 6, rooted, stock ROM, stock Kernel

I have Xposed, Adaway, SuperSU, Purify, Kernel Auditor.

Xposed modules are : Gravitybox, SnapchatLensEnabler, YT Adaway, Lollipop memory leak fix and XPrivacy.
>>
Apps with Root:

>AdAway
>Afwall+
>Amplify (xposed)
>Greenify (xposed)
>Titanium BackUp
>Wakelock Detector
>Xposed Installer

Xposed Modules:

>APM+
>BootManager
>GravityBox
>MinMinGuard
>Native Clipboard
>SpotifySkip
>XPrivacy
>YouTube AdAway

Pretty comfy 2bh.
>>
People installing Google Play Services... wow enjoy wasting your battery life with a literal spying botnet running in the background 24/7
>>
>>51465842
>botnet
Why do people give a shit about this? I'm all for privacy but are you that important, really? Google services are useful. Just restrict the wakelocks if you're concerned about battery life...
>>
>>51453256
Deleting system apps. ES does the trick.
>>
>>51465864
You have to sign in with a google account and give the apps full access which would make it insanely easy to lump all your information under it -- phone calls, texts, internet browsing, GPS location. It's one of the worst privacy things that even exist right now.

It's irrelevant how important I am (I'm not at all, although minor evidence of illegal activity could be gained) but I can't get it out of head that I would be being 'watched'...jerking off isn't illegal but I would feel quite uncomfortable having a government camera staring at me every time I do it.
>>
>>51465948
But that already happens anon, regardless of your OS.. I do agree this big data stuff is pretty scary (for the potential if nothing else.) But what you gonna do... I like my google services anyway, lol.
>>
>>51461149
That's from a google plus post. Fucking 9gag babbies stealing again...
>>
Adaway
AFWall+
Tasker
Titanium backup
Xposed
Xprivacy
Boot manager
Tubemate
Aptoid
Fdroid
Lucky patcher
Gamekiller
Gamespecter
Tasker
Appsettings
Tasker
Securesettings
Background Video recorder
Repetititouch
Vidtrim
TTorrent
Fennec browser

With these apps, you can lock down anything you install on your phone, and automate practically anything.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.