[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kali linux 2.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
I'm trying to put the image on a new SSD it keeps saying failed. No idea why. Any help?

My steps so far:
Insert new ssd
Insert iso disk
Begin install
Select language and stuff
Begin install
Install failed.

I am cry.
>>
>>51436928
Kali isn't supposed to be installed, it's a live distro.
Run it in a VM or from a usb stick.
>>
I followed the guide on the official site and never had any problems.
>>
Can I run it from a DVD instead of a usb stick?
>>
>>51436928
I think you need a floppy for that...
>>
>>51436928
There's no way to do what you're trying to do without a floppy drive.
>>
I'm currently running kali (original) and I used it to burn an .iso dvd of kali 2.0.

once i shutdown my laptop, i take out the first HDD and insert my new SSD and boot from disk. but for some reason I dont know how to put it on the new SSD. I did it with the first HDD, why cant I do it on to the new SSD?

Also, does anyone have any tips on learning how to operate kali?

I fucked up 2 HDD's trying this with the first kali. I encrypted it and had to wipe 2 HDD's and all I have is kali now, no more windows.
I need halp bad.

Thanks all
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
this is what I get. I formatted the ssd before I tried to install on. Maybe the wrong format?
>>
>>51436928
rofl
>>
how do I "python" on linux?
>>
>>51444104
why are you trying to install kali
>>
>>51444119
Type python into terminal. Or python3 depending on what version of python you have.

OP why not just upgrade Kali to 2.0 through terminal? That would be the easiest thing to do. It is a simple command. They have it on their site.
>>
ive done sudo apt-get upgrade and it tells me 404 file not found for every single line of code.

ive tried sudo apt-get --fix-missing but it doesnt help
>>
Please learn to install a basic version of linux. We all know why you're trying to install Kali, please do yourself a favor and learn the basics of linux before learning how to "hack".
Or just install Hacknet if you're really that incompetent, and don't act like you don't own steam for playing CSGO.
>>
csgo?
>>
I have kali (1.0?)
Where do i learn other then a college course?
>>
Counter strike Global offensive dumbfuck
>>
>>51438965
I mean, that's not really relevant. Kali is certainly supposed to be ABLE to be installed. I have it installed on a hot-swappable SSD because speed. Also because I don't do anything nefarious with it that'd make me any actual enemies.
>>
I have kali installed on a hot swappable hdd and i want to put kali 2.0 on a different hot swappable SSD but it keeps fuccking my ass.

does anyone have the code to update to 2.0 in the terminal?
>>
OP, try this (or one of the tools listed on the left panel) - these are a collection of various utilities that install Linux distros to flash drives. They format them for you and the utilities are native to Windows. They're each excellent, but each has some specific strength. I installed Kali to disk off of a bootable Kali ISO I put on a flash drive with YUMI (which I linked to). unetbootn should also work perfectly. Just go there and let the utility do it for you, especially if you're in a Windows operating environment.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
>>
I have no windows. I am running kali (original version) and just want to upgrade to 2.0 I;ll try to figure out what you suggested. thanks for the help anon. you the real MVP
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.