[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R9 390 + 650W PSU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 244x206
Quick question for you /g/entlemen. I've tried to do my own research, but have found some conflicting information.

This is my build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/4rFkYJ

Obviously some parts have been around for longer than others, but I need to know if my PSU is going to be able to cope with the 390.
The i5-2500k is running at 4.2GHz, 1.32V vcore. I know it's a high vcore for the clock, but I was having stability issues when I went much lower, maybe just got unlucky and got a bad unit.
>>
as long as it is a real 650 watt not a 450 with a sticker over it you will be fine
>>
My 550W 80+ gold powers a 390 and a highly overclocked x5650.
You're fine with an efficient enough power supply
>>
Righto, thanks for the input, it seems inline with a lot of what I've read and what most power supply calculators seem to think.
>>
>>51435237
my 290 mostly drew 200W~ of power at full load

there is no way the rest of your system would eat 300-400W alone

tl;dr 650W is fine considering its not a junk psu
>>
>>51435237
You're fine. That PSU is totally adequate.

However, if your budget isn't too tight, I'd recommend putting another couple $ into it, and upgrading to a Snow Silent 750W, a RM1000x or a RM1000i. Those are some of the best PSUs on the market right now, and will last you forever.
>>
Saw a saphire r9 290 for 180 yesterday. Should i have bought it?

Upgrading from a hd 7870, have 620W antec psu
>>
>>51435778
>RM
>last you forever
Yeah have fun with your Channel Well housefire

Get a PSU by either Seasonic or Flextronics or Delta
>>
>>51436177
No, stop

Wait for 2016, your GPU is good enough to wait a god damn year.
>>
>>51436189
Not him but been using my RM750 for 2 years and no issue whatsoever.
>>
>>51436189
You're full of shit. The RM1000x/i perform exceptionally well. Check the TPU reviews.

Also, even Seasonic, Flextronics or Delta make shitty budget PSUs you don't want to have in your computer.
>>
>>51436201
This was my thought. I didnt buy it anon. Just want to make sure 2016 and hbm2 is actually worth it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.