[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I am forced to get Windows 10 what is the best version and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Windows10_1.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Windows10_1.jpg
624 KB, 1920x1080
If I am forced to get Windows 10 what is the best version and what do I do to shut down the bullshit?
>>
>>51428200
Pro and Enterprise allow you to shut off the most. Enterprise a bit more so than Pro, I believe, but then Enterprise doesn't get a lot of the same offers that Pro and Home Editions get (e.g, enterprise versions of Windows 7 and 8.1 didn't get the free Windows 10 upgrade offer). So I'd get Pro.
>>
here u go senpai
http://uptobox.com/t2oq8dn9kk4t/en_windows_10_enterprise_version_1511_x64_dvd_7224901.zip

hash matches with the official ISO on msdn
>>
>>51428345
Uptobox isn't available in my country.

But Enterprise is the end all be all?
>>
every fucking debloat script breaks my install fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>51428200
Stick with Win 7 until EOL. Then switch to a Linux distro dual boot with Win 10 or get a separate Win 10 computer if you insist on surrendering to Microshill for stuff you don't know how to do on another OS.

Then do all the stuff on Linux that you don't want to be in the hands of the botnet.
>>
You'll be forced to upgrade starting in early 2016. Microsoft doesn't care anymore, they're going to sink the ship and not leave anyone alive.
>>
>>51428290
this.

unless you are some weeb who thinks some basic telemetry is the end of the world then you should never use anything that isnt open source.
>>
>>51428717
crashing this OS...with no survivors.
>>
>>51428722
I just don't want my ping affected when I play games. I want my bandwidth for what I want it used on and only what I want it used on.
>>
>>51430667

Your bandwidth? Your computer?

Face it anon, it's their computer and bandwidth now. You're just a guest. Time to learn your place.
>>
>>51431163
Someone's gotta have a way!
>>
>>51431210

Honestly I'm working on learning how to do it myself anon. Just a normie really, non-tech job, loonix user.

Learn to VM in linux, and get good with iptables to lock down your windows shit if you really must use it. Microsoft's adware platform can no longer be trusted on bare metal. With a bit of screwing around, you can have a windows instance you completely control. It will talk to no one unless you say it can. My windows 8 instance at work has never even seen the internet, never had a single update. For all it knows, it's the last PC on earth.

Got me a pfsense router with snort...an actual non shit tier firewall setup with real time alerts. I swear to god, all the ridiculous shit you see bouncing around a network with Windows machines..."Who's this? Who are they talking to now? WTF?" It's really sobering to see the amount of independent communication and dialing out that occurs on your home network, while you naively consume internet "content" and munch on cheese doodles.

The machines no longer work for the users, now they server only their creators. We just have to learn to do what we can to control the situation.
>>
>>51428345

Why not just get the official .iso off the Microsoft site?
>>
>>51430667

Telemetry is suc a small amount of data it would have a miniscule effect on bandwidth and zero effect on ping.
>>
>>51431686
I just don't want it done!
>>
ltsb n
>>
>>51431829
We'll you're fucked then, telemetry is there for ever, period. And it's on windows 7 and 8 as well.
>>
>>51431927

The telemetry can easily be blocked, either at your router or in the host VM. No direct internet connection for windows, everything mediated by another more trustworthy os. It's really that simple.

Face it...windows has always been shit tier for web browsing anyway. Now it has literally become the very malware that has been pwning it all these years.
>>
>>51431911
what's the best way to go about getting it?
>>
>>51428200
Enterprise. Everything else is full botnet. Enterprise is a bit less so and they promised to get rid of telemetry soon.

Then again, you are not forced to use this crap and there are barely benefits from 10, so might as well stay on 7.
>>
why would you be forced to get win10? are you a streamer and need dx12 or soemthing?
>>
>>51433771
Ebay.
>>
File: 1586.jpg (77 KB, 1106x504) Image search: [Google]
1586.jpg
77 KB, 1106x504
>>51428717
i kinda wish this would happen, my mother is beta testing linux mint for half a year now, and it seems like its working for her, and all games i play are playable on linux, only problem for me is that im developer and i make windows specific application, and theres not way around it, maybe vm, maybe someday
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.