[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Netscape really better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: screenshot.png (47 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
47 KB, 1600x900
Is Netscape really better?
>>
Netscape is gone, m8.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>51416052
it was. you know what prompted me to change from netscape and move to opera? fucking 9/11. i wanted news on that shit and gecko was too fucking slow. even ie was fucking faster. i found opera. saw it was faster and didn't go back. found out that firefail was using gecko and only tried for the first time in 2007. shit sucked. after some time it became a solid backup browser. recently, firefail has been sucking ass and will continue to suck even more. there are no good browsers left. none.
>>
if you really want live the saint pepsi lifestyle and never deal with botnet, yes, netscape is better

i mean, its fine for shitposting on /g/ at the very least
>>
File: I understood that reference.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
I understood that reference.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>51416156
>saint pepsi lifestyle
>>
>>51416052
Yes pre IE6 then it got crushed.
>>
>>51416070
The blood of 1000 Netscapes live on in Mozilla FireFox.
>>
>>51416083
Are you using Firefox on Windows by any chance? My experience with that has been buggy as fuck, but Firefox on Linux is rock solid.
>>
>>51416873
yes, firefail on windows. the bugginess is secondary to the stupid gui changes they've made and stuff with extensions. firefox will never be good again.
>>
>>51416052
i'd wait a little bit so that it gets more stable.
it feels a little too beta right now
>>
>>51417679
>the bugginess is secondary to the stupid gui changes they've made
You can thank Chrome for that. I realize it may be superior underneath, but the UI makes it almost unusable for me. The only reason I do have it on my computer is for Netflix on Linux.
>>
>>51416052
>Netscape
>Posts screenshot of IE3
Stupid motherfucker.
Also, Netscape is dead.
>>
>>51416052
>windows 95
>second page of /g/
>64mb RAM
>wtf.jpg on desktop

so many questions
>>
>>51417744
i have that extension that makes it look like old firefail, and by extension, presto opera. once in a while, my ff flips the fuck out and i believe it's because of that. that and another one that gives me a decent speed dial. i know. a fucking speed dial. sigh.
>>
>>51416052
>using shitscape or IE when you could be running SeaMonkey instead and actually using your shitbox for a purpose

??
>>
>>51417760
Are you retarded?
>>
nice virtual machine bro
>>
>>51418199
Read his specs you inbred autistic mongoloid. God people on this board are completely retarded.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.