[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaker thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 51JHFgksiAL._AA160_.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
51JHFgksiAL._AA160_.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
I'm looking to buy some speakers, as my 12 year old ones are dying. I've heard good things about pic related, but I want to know what you guys would recommend.

I want good sound quality, but not ridiculous audiophile crap. for reference, I use m-50x headphones from Audio Technica.
>>
>>51415330
You hear good thing about Logitech speakers even though they are big piles of shit
>>
Why not just buy cheap receiver and find some bookshelves on sell? Probably sound much better.
>>
Just get the jbl lsr305 if you don't want to spend much.
>>
File: IMG_0105.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>51415330

anon l2 quality pls.

just got pic related for about 350 bucks.
it's a saba amplifier + the speakers under the amp. they are so natural to my ears. I'm amazed by the sound of them while listening in the shop.

I don't ever recommend piece of shit plastic speakers and shitty amps in them.
>>
>>51415987
how u gonna shitpost about quality then post a pic that looks like its been through one of India's designated shitting streets?
>>
>>51416020

kek it's the audio quality, are you 12 yo or something? you don't even see the point do you? stop staring at my finger and start looking where I point bud.
>>
>>51416454
keep on justifying your inability to handle something as simple as taking a good picture
>>
Is it better to get an amp or to upgrade my MB42X?
I have around $200
>>
File: 1330797633993.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1330797633993.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>51415330
Budget? Those ass sticks are crap.
>>
>>51416564
amp and speakers are both important as the audio source. so it depends. just search for good deals
>>
File: dogtreat.gif (482 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
dogtreat.gif
482 KB, 300x225
>>51415330
I actually have these and think they're pretty good. Good value for money and iconic design.
>>
>>51417433
I am retired, I have a good amp, I meant a gey sub or upgrade my MB42Xs.
>>
>>51417577

if you already have a good amp then you should search for good deals on some higher end older(vintage) speakers in good condition.

if you're in US you'll likely to find much better deals compare to the rest of the world

don't forget to listen before buying and research on the speakers and their values before you actually purchase them

good luck, have fun
>>
>>51417637
Thanks senpai
Any suggestions on a subwoofer?
>>
>>51415330

They still sell these? I had these around 2002, not bad, but nothing amazing;.
>>
File: ulyobl.jpg (31 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
ulyobl.jpg
31 KB, 500x334
>>51415987
>350 for that
BAKA.
>>
>>51417736

yea 5th world
>>
>>51417666
anytime anon-kun

I"m not sure since I only use 2.0 setups myself but pretty much the same things apply for them too.

Research and listening to a variety of speakers are the key things! Know what you are doing and you will more likely to be satisfied.

just don't go for only the looks of the equipment. develop your own taste too. it doesn't matter what everyone says about some product. your own experience always should matter more to you.

here's a little informative article about speakers:
http://www.techhive.com/article/2000385/what-makes-one-speaker-better-than-another.html
>>
>>51415330
There's literally nothing wrong with these imo, crisp sound and punchy bass. I've had the v2 for about 2.5 years and they still deliver sound perfectly, plus they look awesome in our student house.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.