[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Android died?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: gravestoneandroid.png (82 KB, 375x400) Image search: [Google]
gravestoneandroid.png
82 KB, 375x400
Microsoft is adding Android app support to Windows 10 Mobile, which comes out at the end of this year. After this, there will be no reason to use the laggy, never updated, extremely vulnerable pieces of shit known as Android phones. The Windows ecosystem can finally get the boost it needs to take on Android and give us all the smooth, affordable experience that we have all been waiting for.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/how-will-android-support-work-in-windows-10-mobile--1293295
>>
>Where were you when Microjew stole 10% of the userbase of Jewgle on phones, because someone memed Nokia knows how to make phones?
FTFY
>>
>>51413050
I own a Nokia Windows phone. I bought it because of WP, not because of Nokia.
>>
>>51413034

This is such a stupid statement that I'm not even mad.
>>
>>51413034
>Windows 10 will support Android apps
>Edge will support Chrome extensions
Just microshit doing what they're best at. Stealing other companies ideas and softwares and userbases.
>>
>>51413160
Well technically Google stole them first. Now Microsoft wants them back.
>>
>>51413160
Edge already runs my Realplayer video downloader extension for Chrome.
>>
>After this, there will be no reason to use the laggy, never updated, extremely vulnerable pieces of shit known as Android phones.
That depends on whether the app support is stable in the first place.
>>
>>51413034
Maybe you missed the fact that the project has been halted and/or scrapped. 1.7% market share.
>>
the bait is so weak im frustrated
>>
>>51413034
Could a 512MB ram WP even run these Android apps?
>>
>>51413034

Just like it saved Blackberry?
>>
>>51413034
Just like BlackBerry, without having access to Google Play Services, most apps won't function properly or simply not work at all.
>>
>>51413104
>>51415301
This. Windows mobile will always have less market share than even iOS because it's simply shit. Windows jumped into the mobile market way too late. It doesn't matter if they can support android apps, the OS itself is shit.
>>
>>51413034
It's not running perfectly though. You're getting them from windows store they'll be buggy as fuck but at least its a step in the right direction and about fucking time
>>
>>51413034
Did anybody see their hacked together shit for ios apps? Literally just stole shit from cocotron and chameleon

https://github.com/Microsoft/WinObjC/
>>
Android died?

Damn I was about to go get a Moto G
>>
File: windows mobile 2003.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
windows mobile 2003.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>51415474
>Windows jumped into the mobile market way too late.
wat
>>
Last I heard the project was halted.
>>
>>51415636
They never took it seriously though. Microsoft has never been good at making OSs except for windows xp/windows 7 for the desktop. By the time windows phone 8 was out they had already lost too many customers due to how shit earlier versions of windows phone was. They didn't give a fuck and kept dishing out more shitty versions are are now practically begging users to use their shitty mobile OS by offering the ability to run crippled android apps.

I guess microsoft was the first to make a mobile os for phones but they never took it seriously so nobody even knew about them until windows phone 8 was out. By then it was already too late, android had taken most of the marketshare with iOS lagging behind them.
>>
BBos10 supports android apps. It did for more than a year. It's still dead.
>>
>>51413034
>Microsoft is adding Android app support to Windows 10 Mobile
>Google is merging Chrome OS and Android
these things are "happening" but not soon. These are just announcements for the sake of announcements at this point. There were rumblings that Google was merging Chrome OS 2 years ago, and they just recently announced a target date of 2017.....same thing is happening with MS..its all take and vaporware, dont get too excited right now.
>>
>>51415807
*all talk
>>
>>51413034

But my phone gets updated regularly anyway.
>>
>>51413034
because it worked out so well for Blackberry.
Didn't they say Astoria is dead? Because it should be.
>>
File: going postal.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
going postal.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>51415705
>windows xp and windows 7
>Implying Vista wasn't excellent after the first service pack
>Implying XP wasn't even worse than Vista before the god damned SECOND service pack
>Implying 95 and 98 weren't amazing
>Implying 3.1 wasn't the tightest shit
>Implying 8 was bad in any way
Go install gentoo or something, faggot.
>>
>>51413034
I like Android and have been on board since 2008, but look forward to seeing how this turns out. Love Microsoft and always have. Windows Phone looked nice but I never used it because no apps.
>>
>>51413034
FUCK OFF PAID MICROSOFT SHILLS. FUCK OFF BACK TO YOUR INDIAN CALL CENTER JOBS AND POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>51415886
>XP service pack 0
oh god, I forgot how bad that was.
>>
http://semiaccurate.com/2015/05/04/microsoft-just-palmed-mobile-market/
http://semiaccurate.com/2015/05/06/details-microsofts-self-palming/

Read this
>>
>>51415886
>>Implying Vista wasn't excellent after the first service pack
I never used Vista SP2 so I can't talk shit about it

Anyway point is microsoft was grinding hard to make desktop OSs, that's where most of their energy went. Thus all of their mobile OSs have been dogshit.
>>
>>51413034
Where were you when you joined the botnet?
>>
File: 1447514161360.gif (3 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1447514161360.gif
3 MB, 300x203
>>
>Windows XP was 14 years ago
You know, I kind of miss that era of online.

Of AOL. Of shitty website design. Poorly made gifs. The start of Web 2.0

It was so comfy. Old people getting viruses online, many people having 500 toolbars. Everybody frustrated that XP broke everything and didn't have DOS emulation.

I'm reminded of my office job with that ugly grey carpeting woven into the cubicle walls. The sound of telephones and papers shuffling, to look out the window and see the leaves falling, only to return to playing Nethack and trying to beat my high score.

Such wonderful times.

Now we are stuck with Web 3.0

No longer are websites comfy garbage. They are either excellently designed speedy, lightweight cool shit or some retardedly clustered news site where the navigation bar takes up 30% of the screen at all times and ads are playing everywhere.

Forums are dead, IM is dead outside of dedicated clients like Facebook or Steam.

Now everybody works in cozy startups instead of bustling companies. Open air offices instead of cubicles.

I miss it.
>>
>>51416006
Web 4.0 when
>>
>laggy, never updated, extremely vulnerable
[Citation Needed]
I'm rockin' Cyanogen 12.1 and it's smooth as butta :3
>>
File: 1366062043296.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1366062043296.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>51416006
>you will never relive Christmas 2005, the height of the web 2.0 era

I-I don't feel up to shitposting tonight guys. I think I'm gonna turn in early...
>>
>>51413160
let me guess. You're young, aren't you?
>>
>>51413034
>RIP
yep, this is a rip alright. How does a company with a monopoly continue to leech off their userbase and then take a step beyond that and rip off their competition by copying the competitions OS? How is this company allowed to exist? When is someone in Washington going to say enough and sick the anti-trust courts on MS and then see how long it takes to put REST IN PEACE to the stupidity that goes on inside the MS boardroom
>>
>>51416115
Google would do it but they just feel so sorry for microshaft.
>>
>>51413034
running to my charging cable to revive it.
>>
>>51416168
Google is the one that's getting the antitrust notices from the EU
>>
>>51416115
They're a monopoly in a market no one particularly cares about anymore. No one's going to go antitrust on them now when they can just point to their fumbling in the mobile market and say "so much for our inescapable dominance"
>>
File: JUST.jpg (159 KB, 735x745) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
159 KB, 735x745
>>51413034
ITS O G R E
O
G
R
E
>>
File: zune.jpg (86 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
zune.jpg
86 KB, 460x307
>tfw you still own a zune
>>
>>51415886
>win98
>amazing

Sure reinstalling that shit every other week was pretty amazing. I never had that much problem with other operating systems.
>>
File: smartphone.jpg (58 KB, 474x500) Image search: [Google]
smartphone.jpg
58 KB, 474x500
>>51415705
Are you retarded?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.