[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: s-l500.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
Desk chairs are technology.

Are DXRacer chairs a meme? I'm sick of spending $125-$175 on a chair and having the padding be completely compressed and uncomfortable after 6months to a year. If I spend the $340 on pictured, can I expect me to last this 5 years? Are there better alternatives for the price? I know they do a lot of marketing but is it actually a good product or is it the equivalent of buying beats headphones for the gaming world?

Thanks /g/
>>
File: 1443329330189.jpg (48 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1443329330189.jpg
48 KB, 480x360
>>
I got an Arriozi chair for 250 and it's still in pretty good shape. Also really comfortable and doesn't hurt my ass after hours of sitting
>>
>>51397971
dxracers are a meme
get a good office chair
dxracer is the razer of the chair world
they sponsor twitch streamers and market to gamers, but they're not actually good
>>
>>51398013
then what can I get that's actually good in that price range. I can spend up to $350, can't splurge for a herman miller or steelseries

>>51398007
how long have you had it anon? There was a $200 arriozi chair amazon had in stock but my main concern is longevity/padding getting compressed very quickly over time. I've probably gotten a new chair ever 1.5 years because of this. I'm not a huge dude at 6'0 200lb but I sit at my desk a lot.
>>
>>51398013
but the razer deathadder is legendary. They make good mousepads too. Their mechanical keyboards might not be anything special but they are perfectly functional. What I'm saying is that just because something is marketed to a particular demographic, doesn't mean it's not a good product.
>>
>>51398069
I've had it for like 8 months and there's literally no change in the padding. The padding isn't the softest in the world, but it works great. It also has a strap on pillow with it for lumbar support so your back stays straight
>>
>>51398144
their mice are good but it's Russian roulette in terms of quality
it'll either last 3 years or 3 months
and their keyboards are pretty shitty
they use shitty chinese knockoff cherry mx keyboards
and i'm not saying they're bad for being marketed towards a demographic, i'm just saying that a lot of their popularity is because they're marketed towards that demographic
>>
File: george-bush-small.jpg (4 KB, 40x40) Image search: [Google]
george-bush-small.jpg
4 KB, 40x40
>>51398069
i don't actually know, sorry friend
i just know that dxracer is a meme
>>
>>51398268
that's a small bush
>>
bizchair.com
>>
>>51398376
>bizchair.com
wow ten thousand different chairs really helpful, thanks anon
>>
>>51398460
check out the 24/7 intensive use section and with your budget in mind that should narrow it down to about 20 chairs or less, even less if you have a fabric in mind
>>
File: George Bush.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
George Bush.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>51398268
here's one that's not as small but still a bush nonetheless
>>
Didn't get any good suggestions from any anons. Ordered a D series. Cost me $340
>>
File: SLEEPING.jpg (13 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
SLEEPING.jpg
13 KB, 472x357
>>51398949
I have a D series, it's comfy and I love the reclining feature.

Meme or not, it's still a nice chair.
>>
File: dxracer_rgb.png (503 KB, 940x1586) Image search: [Google]
dxracer_rgb.png
503 KB, 940x1586
>>51398949
>not waiting for the RGB ones
Oy vey!
>>
Just spend the 300 on a used aeron from Craigslist. Make sure you get the right size for you, there are three. Bam, last chair you'll ever buy.
>>
6'4" 300lb burly viking here, what are my options? Can't find a C-sized Aeron for the life of me and I'm tired of cracking the bottom plates of cheap chairs. Shit's made of Chinesium.
>>
>>51399270
I should note that when I'm not pillaging villages and fucking bears, I like a high back because I'm all torso. Sturdiness and marathon comfiness are a must.
>>
>>51399270
>burly viking
is that the new politically correct way of saying "fat white hulk"?
>>
Get a standing desk
>>
>>51399301
>inb4 curvy viking
>>
File: steelcase-amia-chair.jpg (60 KB, 692x791) Image search: [Google]
steelcase-amia-chair.jpg
60 KB, 692x791
iv'e been hearing some good things about steelcase. Anyone have any experience with them?
>>
>>51399183
wait for the version that has rechargeable batteries attached to the rollers
>>
>>51399119
How tall are you? Considering ordering a D series or R series but don't want to fuck up with height, 6'1'' here
>>
>>51400121
wait for the version with a steering wheel and a 200hp engine with lithium braking-recheargeble batteries
>>
>>51399301
Basically. Check out strongman competitions, then try to hang that form on a 6'4" frame. I like lifting heavy things, but don't enjoy running a mile.

Despite being on the 4chins, I'm not very fat. I'm just a lot of dude.
>>
>>51397971
>bought a chair over a year ago
>still the sad as when I bought it [spoiler]besides some stains from my tears [/spoiler]
Boy, does it feel good to be light
>>
just get a used aeron from craigslist, they last forever.
>>
>>51397971

Bucket seats wernt built for ergonomics. They're for high G-force during turns while racing.

Buy a chair from Steelcase or Herman Miller.
>>
>>51397971

anything thats foam instead of springs are fucking memes

same goes for beds

the seat in your car is spring supported

companies who make things that actually have to last know it

an office chair isnt meant to be your fucking 24/7 living support

its meant to literally be used for maybe an hour at a meeting in an office

buy a recliner for your desk
>>
>>51400212
>not waiting for the version with a built in toilet
>>
>>51400672
>not having a tube up your ass so you never need to shit
>>
>>51400689
>not having a dildo shoved so far up your ass you shit out of your mouth
>>
>>51400657
Bucket seats at least prevent me from sitting cross-legged and hunched over, I have literally no willpower in maintaining a good posture
>>
all crap chair probably ca117 compliant foam laced with outgassing chemical poison mixture fire-&-human-potential retardant hurting people slowly every day hidden slowkill agenda.

wait what's that a mirage in the desert distance its HON BRAND. HON BRAND chairs NOT coated in ugly chemicals. HON BRAND chair of the future. HON BRAND chairs hip hip hooray for the abolishment of cancer cocktail often times making up TWO THIRDS of the foamweight of your chair! disgusting throwing up! HON BRAND, go HON.
>>
File: chair.png (42 KB, 665x465) Image search: [Google]
chair.png
42 KB, 665x465
Sitting in this same chair right now.

It's even cheaper than when I bought it, too.
>>
File: concernedhime-1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
concernedhime-1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>51401075
wtf did I just read
>>
Look at craigslist for a used Herman Miller Aeron or Mirra
>>
File: 0432.jpg (360 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
0432.jpg
360 KB, 740x740
Considering getting this since it's not too ricey. Though I'm not sure if dxracer is a chair company that makes memes or a meme company that makes chairs.
Thoughts?
>>
Related. How high should be desk be? What's the ratio to sitting height? How high should the monitor be?
>>
File: sweat.gif (5 KB, 365x378) Image search: [Google]
sweat.gif
5 KB, 365x378
Any other Povfags with the Ikea Markus??? Is it good???
>>
>>51401237
>How high should be desk be?
Doesn't matter on its own.
>What's the ratio to sitting height?
Chair needs to be high enough that you can put your feet flat on the ground when they're at a 90 degree angle. Whatever surface of the desk that your keyboard and mouse are on should be the same height as your arm rests.
>How high should the monitor be?
High enough that your eyes naturally rest at the center of the monitor when you sit in the chair.
>>
>>51398146
>strap on pillow
Does it support strap on dildos as well?
>>
>>51401259
Have it, love it.
Although mine did need about a month to break in. Before that it was a bit uncomfortable to sit in for more than a couple hours.
>>
This is /g/, go back to wherever the fuck you came from.
>>
>>51401343
It's a board about computers. Which is intimately related to desk chairs. I'm in the right place bubbi

>>51400662
recliners don't have adjustable height, armrest, rollers, etc. I'm sitting in a straightback wicker chair right now and it sucks a lot. A foam product can last if it's made from dense foam instead of something that only looks good fresh out of the package.

>>51400657
Even used these are out of my price range.
>>
>>51398013
>but they're not actually good

>see something and don't like it
>automatically know the quality of the chair and how it feels

i know its a meme chair, but its comfy so fuck u
>>
>>51401369

>recliners dont have armrests

my mouse is literally on it now where it has been for the last 5+ years ive used one, the keyboard is on a table to the right of me there i move back an forth if its not just resting on my legs while typing
>>
>>51398007
>Arriozi chair
a what chair?
>>
>>51400196
not him, but I'm 6'1'' and have the R series

this one: http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/pc_gaming_chair/racing_series/oh-rf0-nr/

I love it and have no complaints other than the meme part
>>
>>51401384
>keyboard is on a table to the right of me

yeah this has to be horrible in every way. I'm not looking to imitate your lazy boy setup. Also it does not have adjustable armrests. Reading is tech
>>
>>51401369
>>51401384

also there are plenty of recliners that have rollers, outside of just a swivel

the first thing you'll have to do is change your stupid office style design

prop your feet up and keyboard and mouse your life while having the monitor set up how ever you want

and you always test sit a recliner, they're all slightly different, you find one that fits your body
>>
>>51400338
tumblr, pls go
>>
>>51401397
Guessing he means arozzi, Swedish dxracer clones.
>>
>>51401428
I don't need to reinvent the wheel. I'm not interested in reclining anyways, that the DXRacer happens to recline is inconsequential to my purchasing decisions
>>
PSA: Just bought an Amazon basics mesh back chair. Thing has great reviews, and it's probably a deal for the money, but fuck that. The armrests are among the most uncomfortable things I've ever had to use in my life. They're so uncomfortable when playing vidya, that the armrests, alone, warrant a deal breaker.
>>
>>51401466
get some covers? I bet you could find something to add some padding on the cheap
>>
>>51401479
Probably, but they're non adjustable, too, which sucks... I might as well use my old no - name chair.
>>
>>51401456

again, reclining in a recliner isnt the key aspect

its a fucking spring supported seat that will last forever and has the additional attributes should you want to use it

buy a desk that easily rolls back an forth if you dont wanna just reposition how your area is set up with the larger screen infront, others on the side

or just swivel in the chair when you wanna get up or down

otherwise have fun continuing to buy office chairs every 6 months when the foam inside is the cheapest part of the entire thing that costs 200 dollars and it goes flat

the other thing you could do is buy a legit medical wheelchair pad thats air supported

they cost a few hundred bucks for the top grade ones and that'll last you forever as well

you just have to do the math an make sure you buy the proper depth that you wont bottom it out, but also will still keep your body at 90 when sitting since you're adding 2-4 inches

i just checked and the one i wound up getting is the ROHO QUADTRO SELECT CUSHION

check sites, they have different types, the quad one or one where you have more parts, means that the air wont have areas to travel an winding up with uneven seat after a while

i would probably go with the lower profile version than that, that was a lil too hight even for my big ass body, the 2 inch deep one would be perfect
>>
>>51401585

this would be the best site to see all the info you need

http://www2.therohogroup.com/chart.php
>>
>>51399974
wish I can find a showroom that is open for public. went to one before and its only for companies, but they gave me a tour anyways.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>51397971
>taking a girl home and the first thing she sees is that chair in your room
Get a nice office chair.
>>
>>51401958
>taking a girl home
Shouldn't you be clubbing, Chad?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.