[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do hipsters like paypal, walmart, ebay, microsoft, yahoo,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: njsl.png (10 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
njsl.png
10 KB, 600x300
why do hipsters like paypal, walmart, ebay, microsoft, yahoo, mozilla, and HP insist on using nodejs? don't they know its a meme here?
>>
>>51393731
>why do hipsters like paypal, walmart, ebay, microsoft, yahoo, mozilla, and HP?
They don't. What they do seem to like is Apple, though. And uh... Idk can't think of anything else.
But good thread, OP. I'm glad we can finally have a thread to discuss what hipsters like. Let's use the remainder of this thread to discuss that, and not anything else.
>>
>>51393788
fuck off
>>
>>51393796
lmao
>>
>>51393796
Take your shitty thread elsewhere, friend. The limit for amount of shitposting on this site is almost full.
>>
>>51393812
>>51393821
I hate you all.
>>
>>51393788
Nice
>>
>>51393788
poor reading comprehension faⅿ
>>
>>51393731

Because Node is a fairly mature, powerful, and stable technology well suited to developing web applications and APIs.

What's especially good about it is that you can create an application built entirely on JS, which makes your codebase easy to manage.
>>
Can anyone explain why node js is that bad?
>>
>>51393988
>What's especially good about it is that you can create an application built entirely on JS, which makes your codebase easy to manage.
ty for the laugh m8
>>
>>51394063
he's right though

also i think the main good thing about node.js is the asynchronous system
>>
>>51393964
Went over your head
>>51393845
You got cukced by your own thread, son. Proofread your shit next time
>>
>>51394063
He is right, though. I've been messing with Java for a while now, and it's not fast or elegant, but it's easy as hell, and pretty useful for the web. However, if you use it to make a local/desktop application, you can go suck a doorknob.
>>
>>51394228
>However, if you use it to make a local/desktop application, you can go suck a doorknob.
Why?
>>
>paypal, walmart, ebay, microsoft, yahoo, mozilla, and HP
>mozilla
They love the CoC.
>>
>>51394051
js
>>
>>51393731
Neets know better, OP.

/g/ is literally the place where the biggest programming experts come to share their views.

Wtf do big companies know about programming languages, basically the feminist HR person chooses which one they will use for their next project.
>>
You have become the meme?
>>
>why do hipsters love the most popular and succesful companies
Do you even know what a hipster is
>>
>>51395842
>he doesn't know hipsters today aren't the same as hipsters back then

where you been at m8?
>>
>>51393731
Why is it a meme?

>Inb4 everything is a meme
>>
I love node.js, it lets me get actual shit done quickly with minimal dicking around. Sorry it triggers your autism OP.
>>
any language at all can be used to code backend server stuff. Node became a meme because all the webdev hipsters keep making noun.js and gush about how great js is. Companies know they can hire a million hipster js shits and get work done in both client and server side software.
>>
>>51396290
>get shit done quickly

I heard this saying about php, django and ror too
>>
>>51396290
this desu, pretty easy and quick to program with
>>
>>51396465

You know what, it's totally fine that people use those languages to get shit done also. At the end of the day if it enables you to finish a project that's a great and powerful thing.

People that complain or circlejerk about the inferiority of languages are spending their time doing so instead of being productive with their language of choice.
>>
>>51393731
Those are all large companies and it only takes one person doing one project with node.js to be able to say "company x uses node.js" even if it is in no way dependent on it. They probably all have some ColdFusion and Drools project lurking around the depths of their source control. Doesn't mean they committed to them.
>>
>>51396602
"Getting shit done" is only a small part of the software lifecycle. If you're cranking out shitty unmaintainable code, you're not saving your company time or money. You're just shifting your work off onto someone in the future.
>>
what do you insist on using? presumably nothing?
>>
>>51393731
What is node dot jay es?
>>
I use node js at work a lot. I work at meme co. Ama
>>
>>51394228
is there even a market for desktop applications nowadays
>>
>>51394228
Java≠JavaScript
>>
>>51393731
Because it's better than having Apache plus shitty ass Java
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.