[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skylake ITX Build Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
See anything wrong?

This is my dream PC, I don't want to fuck anything up.
>>
>>51319609
you should change that "mini" case
or else it could become a "hot" nightmare
>>
>>51319694
But I want something small

Come on man
>>
>>51319609

get a bigger case like a corsair 200r + a better power supply

also is there any game you really need that gpu for? i don't even have a gpu in my current rig because all i do is code, shitpost, and read visual novels
>>
>>51319694
>>51319747

Could I now get advice from anyone who isn't retarded? The PSu is fine and the whole point of the fucking build is to be an ITX skylake build
>>
>>51319782

>500w
lol
>>
I'd change the ssd to an m.2 Samsung 950 instead but otherwise I like the build. Evga vid cards are top tier IMO.
>>
>>51319818
this a hundred times holy shit
>>
>>51319818
>>51319836
Lots of people have put a 980ti in a hadron air
I'm sorry you're a logicalincrements-tier baby who doesn't understand things
>>
>>51319858
why ask for positive affirmation then whine when people say things??
>>
>>51319960
because you said stupid objectively wrong things
and now you're butthurt
don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>51319997
i didn't give you any advice you blithering idiot, different anons

i imagine the same angst you're spewing everywhere rn is what's driving you to get a new rig to vent your hyper-autismo tendancies on

chill and smoke a doob my brother, would probably be a better investment
>>
>>51320045
>different anons

good cover bro
>>
File: Toco Toucan.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Toco Toucan.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
>>51320055
damn bro u sure caught me doing that thing i definitely done did

congratulations

have a picture of a toucan
>>
>>51319609
>500w
>980ti

Maybe you should go back to legos anon
>>
>>51319609

You need a 600W or slightly higher PSU.
WD Black drives can be loud.
>>
>>51319609

You're really going to regret buying a shitty reference cooler GPU. They are noisy as all fuck.

And swap those hdds. There's no fucking reason getting black ones, you won't see any tangible improvement except for the fact you'll want to kill yourself with it's LOUD noise.

Right now this pc is gonna sound like a jet engine taking off, specially since the Hadron's PSU is a loud piece of shit. There are, however, reports of success from people modding out some fanless PSUs to make them fit inside this thing. I'd just look for another case and spare me the trouble.
>>
>>51319609
That PSU is actually fine 500w is a good choice if you wanna fuck your shit up desu senpai
>>
>>51319609
for starters, the hadron only has room for 2 drives
>>
>>51319609
>buying a CPU the year it is released
>>
>>51320831
>You're really going to regret buying a shitty reference cooler GPU. They are noisy as all fuck.

Simply not true.

> There's no fucking reason getting black ones, you won't see any tangible improvement except for the fact you'll want to kill yourself with it's LOUD noise.

Maybe stop being such a pussy?
>>
>>51319609
Why are you buying a case with a built in GPU?

Why are you buying an unlocked CPU?

Why would you support Nvidia? They hate your freedom and want to collect your information just to download their drivers
>>
>>51319609
Yes
>i7 for gaming
>ACX mITX cooler (it's a screechy piece of shit)
>DDR4-2400, not DDR4-2800 MINIMUM
>only a 250GB SSD
>two overpriced 1TB Black drives with negligible performance gains
>three drives in a Hadron
>Picking the Hadron, AKA "EVGA's Hot Mess"
I understand the brand loyalty, but anything they make that isn't a video card are generally poorly thought-out mid-tier over-priced rubbish.
Get that new slim Silverstone ITX case or an inwin ITX case. Even the Phanteks Enthoo ITX is better than the Hadron.
>>
>>51321855
>simply not true

Unlike you who doesn't even know how to build a pc himself and has to ask other for advice, I put my money where my mouth is. I've owned a reference gtx 760, which is the exact same unchanged cooler, and I know exactly what it sounds like. Besides, this is pretty much basic knowledge that you can easily google and see for yourself, which only further proves you don't know jack fucking shit about even the most basic of stuff and are just one of the many other idiots who try to cover for their illiteracy with a pricky attitude. The same goes for the black hdds.

But fine then, seeing as you're nothing but a major fucking prick after reading your replies to this thread, I'm gonna tell you to go all in. Please do buy that PC the exact same way you built it. I'll take immense satisfaction with your impending buyer's remorse that anyone will be able to feel overseas.

As they say, the worst kind of idiot is the prideful one, just like you. So please, suit yourself.
>>
File: nanoCarbonLightVagina.jpg (51 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
nanoCarbonLightVagina.jpg
51 KB, 512x384
Mistakes your making

Buy a large case with good air flow, get a good motherboard, ditch that fucking gpu and buy a used 290. get a closed loop water cooler dual fan 240. mount this in the top of the large case with the good fucking air flow.

ditch one of those hard drives, and buy a second ssd and setup raid 0 with dual ssd.

so large case with good airflow,large motherboard with good overclocking superpowers,dual ssd in raid 0. 290 amd gpu, buy a used one, they kick fucking ass.
>>
>>51319609

wait dude, fuck il build a pc for you on 1,7k budget. I made the mistakes your making now on my first build, and it sucked.
>>
**Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 95W

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G - OEM

Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm**

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform

SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 100362SR 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

Intel 535 Series 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)*2

(buy 2 of these configure them into raid 0 in the bios befor you install your OS
will give you 480Gb of main drive and twice the speed of a singel ssd)

Cooler Master HAF X - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 Ports

Seagate Desktop HDD.15 ST4000DM000 4TB 5900 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

CORSAIR CX series CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified
>>
>>51323810
Subtotal: $1,666.39
>>
File: 1446071783292.jpg (595 KB, 1337x1626) Image search: [Google]
1446071783292.jpg
595 KB, 1337x1626
>>51323810

fuck thats a nice build
>>
overpriced ram.
overpriced cooler
shit case
i7 unnecessary.
overpriced mobo
>>
>>51322468
>>>51319609 (OP)
>Yes
>>i7 for gaming
You are a fucking cunt for thinking this is bad, no I do not care about your fucking console port benchmarks
>>ACX mITX cooler (it's a screechy piece of shit)
Yes
>>DDR4-2400, not DDR4-2800 MINIMUM
2666 is minumum my friend
>>only a 250GB SSD
This is fine
>>two overpriced 1TB Black drives with negligible performance gains
This is retarded as fuck and he should grab another 250ssd instead
>>three drives in a Hadron
This is fine
>>Picking the Hadron, AKA "EVGA's Hot Mess"
Are you even a real person? Is this a dream?
>I understand the brand loyalty, but anything they make that isn't a video card are generally poorly thought-out mid-tier over-priced rubbish.
EVGA is Asus and Corsair tier, aka 'I watched build logs in youtube and build threads in the Reddit to determine what to buy' but it isn't bad at all really, just kek tier
>Get that new slim Silverstone ITX case or an inwin ITX case. Even the Phanteks Enthoo ITX is better than the Hadron.
ITX itself is a stupid as fuck meme fuck off kekboy
>>
Can people explain why they are choosing a single R9 290x over a 980ti?
>>
>>51323935

price performance I suppose
>>
>>51323810
>CORSAIR CX series CX750M 750W
Spent all that money on other components and you cheap out of the PSU? Seriously?
>>
>>51324128

The fuck you gona do with a platinum laced PSU? Ive used Bronze for 3years its on 24/7 never given me shit, theres no need for a high end PSU unless you run a monster with dual or triple GPUs
>>
>>51320831
What hard drive would you recommend instead?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.