[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I got my hands on this thing for free. It's a preassembled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1111.png (19 KB, 441x378) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
19 KB, 441x378
So, I got my hands on this thing for free.

It's a preassembled asus build, the overpriced ones you find at the mall, but the cpu isn't half bad and I'd like to try and make it better by adding/changing stuff.

It goes without saying, I'd like to change that awful r7 240 and change the whole ram bank into a better 16gb solution.

Any suggestions? What would you add/change? Is the motherboard okay at all?
>>
How much money do you have to spend on upgrades op?
>>
>>51315646

I was actually saving money to build something along the way, and I still have a couple of gigs till the end of the month, so I'd say 500 to 600€ at least.
>>
File: Capture.png (22 KB, 491x393) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22 KB, 491x393
>>51315522
I got 3 of these for free.
>>
>>51315768
out of curiosity, what did you do with them?
>>
>>51315809
I'm shitposting from one now and the other two are waiting for ideas.
>>
>>51315816
What are the specs on the third one?
>>
>>51316016
Same, except I took it's hard drive to dual boot this one.
>>
>>51315522
Single channel? WTF is it only 1 stick or did autismo build this thing?
>>
File: 1430613184280.png (40 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
1430613184280.png
40 KB, 362x362
>>51315522
Depends what you want to do with it but I'd leave as, clean it and sell it. But if you're going to keep it, I'd get new case and a kit of memory. If you're gonna game then obviously a new PSU and graphics card as well.
>>
>>51315522

get better GPU/PSU if you plan to play modern vidya on max graphics

>>51315816

runescape botfarm
>>
>>51315768
>free
You know better Jamel. Return it to its owner Nigerian.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.