[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/11/11/i os-not-safer-than-androi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1447320181774.png (508 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447320181774.png
508 KB, 1024x1024
http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/11/11/ios-not-safer-than-android-says-new-report

Where were you when Apple btfo?

Seriously, Apple sucks at security. OS X is basically shit, even compared to Windows, icloud had the nudes, and now ios gets to join the club.

Can't believe you faggots actually pay $900 for this shit.
>>
>>51313557
Not this thread again. In this cambodian imageboard we all hate apple and Microsoft products. Just talk about freenux please, the rest doesn't interest us.
gtfo op.
>>
File: q.png (102 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
q.png
102 KB, 1024x1024
>>51313557
your png is now optimized
>>
>>51313557
But still no viruses anywhere in sight

iOS is safest
>>
>>51313557
i may be no less flawed than android for current known exploits, but at least apple can update iOS in all iphones immediatly, without months being lost by the different manufacturers and providers like Android does (or even not at all for most Android devices)
>>
>>51313791
>worse quality
>optimized
Kill yourself.
>>
>>51315735

While phone manufacturers are given full liberty to take their time about releasing updates, users do not have to stick with the stock ROM distributed with their phones. Google is quick to tackle security vulnerabilities on Nexus devices, and those patches often make it into popular ROMs that target a multitude of devices, such as AOSP and Cyanogenmod. A user who truly cares about security can easily just run Cyanogenmod on their phone and not have to worry about security vulnerabilities for too long of a time.

>>51315881

Opening both files up in different tabs, I cannot notice a difference in quality.
>>
>>51315735
If you don't want to customize the OS, or you simple don't know how, you can buy the Nexus phones. At least Google allows more freedom and choice compared to apple.
>>
>>51316660
Look at the jew nose.
>>
>>51316660
>users do not have to stick with the stock ROM distributed with their phones.
But 99% of them will because they neither know nor care.
Your own use-case for Android is less than 1% of the market. Most people just want a usable, cheap phone. What version of Android it runs is irrelevant to them.
>>
>>51316777
I can get a good nexus phone, get the updates, get more freedom, and not look like a pretentious homo."
>>
>>51316777

>But 99% of them will because they neither know nor care.
An operating system cannot be faulted for the stupidity and/or irresponsibility of its userbase. It matters not that users do not choose to use custom ROMs, only that they have the opportunity if they so choose.
>>
>>51316820
>and not look like a pretentious homo."
Then why don't you?
>>51316833
>An operating system cannot be faulted for the stupidity and/or irresponsibility of its userbase.
And yet you keep attacking OSX via its userbase. Hypocrite much?
Besides, your users are not given a simple, easy and reliable upgrade path as part of the package. Only a hobbyist such as yourself would bother to go through that mess that Android phone makers inflict on their customers.
>>
>>51316979
It's just odd to view the relative freedom of the android market to be bad, and act as if iphone equivalents (nexus) don't exist and don't offer more choices.
>>
>>51316979

My main criticisms of OS X have been of its poor package management system, not its userbase. I used OS X as a primary OS for 2 years and I couldn't give a damn about other OS X users.

>Only a hobbyist such as yourself would bother to go through that mess that Android phone makers inflict on their customers.

I did my research and didn't buy a goddamn Samsung phone. Yeah, some smartphone manufacturers are cunts about trying to lock down their phones. In an ideal world, Google would mandate that any manufacturer that wanted to use the Android trademark when selling their phones would have to agree to an open bootloader. That would make things as easy as installing an alternative ROM on the Oneplus One or a Nexus. The world is not ideal, and as such I do not recommend people to buy from certain manufacturers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.