[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exynos 8 has custom cores and integrated LTE modem >Exyn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Exynos8_PR_Main_1.jpg (148 KB, 828x584) Image search: [Google]
Exynos8_PR_Main_1.jpg
148 KB, 828x584
Exynos 8 has custom cores and integrated LTE modem

>Exynos 8 Octa is an integrated one-chip solution that features the company’s first custom designed CPU based on 64-bit ARMv8 architecture and the latest LTE Rel.12 Cat.12/13 modem

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/samsung-unveils-the-latest-application-processor-exynos-8-octa-built-on-14-nanometer-finfet-process-technology/

Is Snapdragon kill?
>>
>>51307817
> Lagdragon
> BTFO by Samshit
> running Lagdroid

It's still going to lag you autistic fuck.
>>
>>51307858
you should see a therapist for those butthurt issues mate

probably OP, they haven't made a proper processor in years, I can't wait for an Exynos 8 board to run muh lunix and android with the latest OpenGL ES games, shit's going to blow intel away probably
>>
>>51307817
Custom as in custom arranged. Cores are still cortex designed.
>>
>>51307908
>This chip also supports enhanced heterogeneous multi-processing for efficient usage of the eight cores, four custom and four ARM® Cortex®-A53, to deliver the highest performance and power efficiency in its class.

Nope, custom designed core like Qualcomm's Krait.
>>
>>51307817
but the Snapdragon 820 is based on 64-bit ARMv8 architecture and the latest LTE Rel.12 Cat.12/13 modem too, and it's also 14nm finfet
>>
>>51307931
Doesn't that practically describe the A9 as well though?
>>
>>51307817
I'll be surprised if it's good
if the cores were any good they'd probably be better off using a smaller amount with higher clocks
>>
>>51308000
applels soc doesn't have an integrated modem
>>
>>51308043
But it's still a custom ARMv8 based 64-bit architecture on a 14nm (Samsung) finfet.
>>
>>51307817
>big.LITTLE

Into the trash it goes.

Apple have shown that designing large, power-efficient cores that focus on racing to idle saves more battery than dumb, gimmicky, redundant, die-space wasting "low power cores".

At least the Snapdragon 820 is going back to a higher power quad-core design with custom QC cores, but even then 2 of the Kryo cores are designated LP cores.

When will they learn?
>>
>>51308461
They've shown that it does well in synthetic single threaded benchmarks.

That's about all.
>>
It'll run only in touchjizz(Tm) devices so it'll still lag.
>>51308461
Don't worry, at least it not Mediakek's Helios X20's big.Medium.LITTLE.T I N Y design.
>>
>>51308508
But crysis 5d will need single core performance anon...
>>
>>51308524
Mediatek is OG though anon
I'm posting from an x10 rn
>>
>>51308553
Is that a chinkmi running commiOS or something? Jesus christ anon, also just use clover ffs.
>>
>>51308546
But Crysis won't be heavily dependent on SHA1.
>>
Qualshit's hopes of Samsung being a customer again just went down the drain

SHITDRAGON 820 HOUSEFIRES IS KILL
>>
>>51308730
Samsung will still probably split devices between their own and Qualcomm for different regions.
>>
>>51308461
> implying Apple designed that CPU and not AMD's Jim Keller
>>
>>51308759
NOPE.AVI

S6 and Note 5 didn't use Shitdragon at all, even in the US retarded CDMA market

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_5
>>
>>51308920
Because the 810 failed to perform. If they feel the 820 is good enough and they can't produce enough exynos they will use qualcomm.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.