[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think blocking ads will be extremely difficult in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Do you think blocking ads will be extremely difficult in the near future?
>>
>>51298458
No because it isn't illegal to walk away from a TV showing an ad or illegal to not look at a billboard. Ads are optional and you cannot force someone to do something they don't want.
>>
File: mcdees.jpg (42 KB, 642x548) Image search: [Google]
mcdees.jpg
42 KB, 642x548
Who knows.
>>
>>51298458
Why are the U.S.statistic just thrown on top of the other? Do you now know how graphs work?
>>
>>51298847
Do you know how stacking graphs work?
>>
The best way to block ads is with localhost. It takes a little effort to stay on top of it, but if you use it you'll never have to worry about ads again. Plebs need not apply.
>>
It's getting trickier, that's for sure
>>
>>51298458

I'm sure it will get more difficult given how easy it is right now. I wouldn't worry though, us nerds will be fine.
>>
Maybe, but I think as the cost of bandwidth and processing drops, we'll start to see more and more services operating without a commercial angle. Hell, my group of friends has set up a server with cytube, minecraft, XMPP and email, and it's just running on a couple of spare old laptops we had lying around, on the end of a home fiber connection. Obviously, more users raise higher costs, but that'll become less of a problem over time.
>>
>>51298803
What is the thing on the top?
>>
>>51298458
internet advertisers should find out how much views their ad had by the same method tv advertisers do
>>
>>51298732
That logic breaks down the moment you compare television with the web.

Anyways, they won't be able to force ads. You can easily block ad block detector.
>>
>>51298905
Kinect I think.
>>
>>51298458
wait until Intel includes direct marketing into the cpu. where is your god now?
>>
>>51298923
>That logic breaks down the moment you compare television with the web.

No it doesn't. It's exactly the same. It comes down to graphical advertisements and to consent. No no more wrong to block ads than it is to change the channel during an advertisement.
>>
>>51298998
Television can't track if you have switched to another channel (at least if it's not cable television). Websites, on the other hand, will be forced to change their business model if every would block ads.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.