[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Star OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png (31 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png
31 KB, 2000x1000
Has anyone tried this linux distro?

http://www.openingupnorthkorea.com/downloads-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38s84eHgP0o

Dear Leader has made it look like OS X because he like iMac.
>>
>>51296976
No but I've been wanting to for a while now, maybe one day I'll buy some old netbook and install on it there.
>>
>>51296976
North Korean botnet? Yeah, why not?
>>
>>51296976
I had it installed in a VM but never even got far enough to change the language. I still have the ISO I just haven't bothered reinstalling it
>>
>>51297516
Have a feeling Red Star OS would be a perfect distro for elderly, if it was posted to English and opened for normal internet access.
>>
>>51297557
This is not even a bad idea. It's basically an okay OS X clone for basic usage.
>>
>>51297557
Oh the distro itself blocks normal internet access the way it's programmed? Also I didn't know you even could change the language to English. I'm pretty sure it's only in Korean.
>>
>>51297842
You can't officially change the language but you can do it
>>
>>51297842
Also OP here, yeah.. my grandmother will be 92 in February and I have told my father a few times who lives with her that she'd have a happier life if she had some kind of laptop or tablet or netbook she could use. The problem is she has trouble even figuring out how to use a new microwave.. she has something like NLD (Autism spectrum) like me, but worse with technology by far. Any other good choices of hardware/software (OS) for someone that elderly? I guess the screen should be an adequete size .. I was thinking of something she could use in her bed rather than sitting at a desktop... but something software-wise she could learn intuitively or after me just giving her a couple of hours of instruction and some written notes.
>>
>>51297868
A tablet is the best option in this case.
>>
Of course Best Korea uses Linux
>>
I remember trying out the older version which had icons ripped straight from Windows XP and all the bookmarks in the browser directed straight to an IP address.
>>
>>51297868
Get her a tablet
>>
>>51297913
>>51298532
Thanks. i'll look into getting her a tablet. Apple, Kindle, or any special ones better? Maybe an android tablet that connects to the houses wifi? Wifi router is right next to her bedroom so that would work.

Also I'm about to try this in a VM, got to find out what kernel version it is
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.