[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so im trying to set up windows 7 what the fuck happened to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: muhdick.png (51 KB, 726x450) Image search: [Google]
muhdick.png
51 KB, 726x450
so im trying to set up windows 7

what the fuck happened to the updater?

i've done 3 clean installs and each time the updater breaks after the first 1 or 2 updates then refuses to boot or endless "Checking for updates"

using same config of hardware/drivers that i would have last time i used this shit

have i gone full retard or is it actually this broken?
>>
Welcome to Windows 7, please enjoy your stay.
That updater has been broken for years.

Just upgrade to Windows 8.1 and install Classic Shell, it'll make your life better.
>>
yeah it's always been fucked
might as well not even have the information and progress bar because it's always wrong
>>
>>51294201
Just wait for an hour or two. Seriously.
>>
>>51294201
Just leave it running for few hours. Don't let it go sleep or lock.
>>
>>51294307
This is not how this board works, you post the tits first, with timestamp, and then we help you 100% guarantee.
>>
>go to services
>end the update service
>go to C:>Windows, find SoftwareDistribution and rename it as SoftwareDistribution.old

>now go back to services and turn the update service back on
>go to win updates and search for updates
>a new SoftwareDistribution folder should be created.

you can keep the old one but it's just a waste of space so delete it. If you don't believe me and think I'm "le delet windews32 xDD" then kill yourself and go back to >>>/v/
>>
OP stop OCDing so hard. Wait a few hours
Even if you are pirating, it updates just fine
>>
>>51294235
>>51294253
>>51294307
>>51294337

will leave it going overnight i guess

currently downloading fedora incase this goes nowhere because man, fuck this
>>
>>51294338
wrong thread m8
>>
>>51294338
>not understanding the concept of worksafe boards
sperg
>>
File: 1443696361502.jpg (197 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1443696361502.jpg
197 KB, 720x960
>>51294201
2015. Not running windows 10.
Just uninstall and run XP you faggot
>>
>>51294367
>overreacting like a little shitsperg
you'll fit just fine with the leenox crowd
>>
>>51294356

tried this multiple times

>>51294362

passively updating in background lead to a broken installation twice. then was in endless boot cycle of reverting changes (which was either going to take a year, or just wasnt fucking happening)

oh and i tried the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic tool which has found a problem with the first and only update installed, which is is also not able to fix

but, im going to bed soon enough anyway.. no reason for me to not leave it overnight i guess
>>
>>51294201
>endless "Checking for updates"
Endless, or 15 minutes before your ADD kicks in and you decide it's never going away?
>>
>>51294396
>tried this multiple times

The only thing left to do is wait then. Had this issue too. It should not take longer than 2 hours. For some reason when you finish the updates future updates don't take as long so at least it's not too bad.
>>
>>51294384
50 cents have been transferred to your Microsoft™ marketing account.
>>
File: 1443696078266.jpg (263 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1443696078266.jpg
263 KB, 960x1280
>>51294434
>Thinking windows 7 doesn't do any kind of data mining.
Its Microsoft retard.
Only difference now is they give you the options to turn that off.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.