[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work for GoDaddy. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: images.png (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 225x225
I work for GoDaddy. Ask me anything.
>>
>>51291897
Why after $0.99 for the first year did my domain increase in price by more than 20 times when it came time to renew? When I decided not to, why did the price go up another 10 times, and require a paid auction account? In other words, how is what your company does legal?
>>
>>51291897
Why does godaddy alienate more than half their potential customer base with such crappy advertising? The amateur advertisements by local companies is better both in quality and content.

TL:DR
Why does godaddy suck so hard?
>>
>>51291897
Why do the websites they host for me all hang up on load on one stupid image?
>>
>>51291942
The official statment is that GoDaddy's pricing structure is designed to give discounts to businesses who are just getting started, who we assume need it, and then we ask that you pay full retail cost for the services.

I think you are also referring to the $80 redemption fee for getting the domain back if you don't renew it until after 13 days after expjration date. My answer to that would be to pay your fucking bills. It's $15 to renew dude.

A $5 auctions membership is required to use our auctions membership area. But when domains go up for auction you can buy it from other sites. It's only required if you're too lazy to do a google search.

Finally, it's legal because GoDaddy abides by ICANN regulations and you agree to all of this when you accept the different agreements at purchase and account creation. Read the terms fuckboi
>>
Where do you work
>>
what hours and days of the week do you work?
which office?
>>
>>51291969
We're actually moving away from all the sex ads. It's a real shame.

>>51291996
Idk. In my experience it's because a lot of our customers use shitty templates or create websites with common methods that are poorly coded.
>>
will we ever see Danica Patrick fully naked with no censorship?
>>
>>51292008
GoDaddy. Reading comprehension anon
>>
I spoke to a live help with GoDaddy to get a quote a couple of years ago, they asked what domain I wanted to register before quoting me the price of registry and hosting.
After a week, I finally decided to register the domain I wanted, only to find it had been bought by GoDaddy, and was being sold at a higher price.
How often do you do this people, and how the fuck is it allowed?
>>
>>51292028
Some of the hours most of the days of the week. At the one with the new computers.
>>
>>51292044
That is an absolutely genius way of being a total dick of a company.
>>
>>51292037
Idk. We actually recently stopped our sponsorship or her, but a lot of the execs are still friends with her. lol we have a cardboard cut out of her and we play pin the tail on Danica. It's pretty sweet.
>>
>>51292033
a poorly coded website makes everything on the page load except for one random image? How does that work exactly?
>>
>>51292044
I have never once encountered this. It might be real but if it is it isn't common. One thing that does happen though is that some registries will choose to withhold domains they consider valuable and will sell them at a premium.

>>51292059
Idk dude.
>>
>>51292088
This wasn't a "valuable" domain. It was a nonsense word that related to me personally, for a website that displayed drawings and stories and shit I make. The whois before I spoke to the Live Help did not say GoDaddy. The WhoIs after the price went up did.
>>
The only information I can even find on domain front running is some guy doing a whois lookup and thinking because the registrar is GoDaddy and the registrant is Domains By Proxy we bought the domain from under him. In reality, the registrar is just the company that does the domain administrative tasks and Domains By Proxy is our private registration company. More likely, somebody bought the domain with private registration and the guy was too stupid to know differently.
>>
Why do sites like GoDaddy have the right to sell domain names, anyway?
>>
>>51292120
I couldn't tell you dude. It's not done as far as I know and anyone I've ever asked denied it
>>
>>51292143
They don't have a right. Registrars are just businesses who comply with ICANN regulations and create relationships with registries. Google ICANN and start reading. You can do it too if you have a metric shit load of cash for startup
>>
Do you guys offer hosting?

How much would it cost for a domain name, hosting, etc for a very small personal website for tinkering and learning web dev?
>>
>>51292164
Why do I need so much money just to let someone pay me for a web address?
>>
>>51292181
I've used name.com in the past for website hosting for school projects. They've been pretty good. It looks like you get a domain free when you buy a month of hosting.
>>
>>51291897
Do you eat shit from your own hands, or have an assistant's hands to eat shit from?
>>
>>51292181
There are cheaper options than GoDaddy with better staff. I've had a good experience with JustHost.
>>
>>51292181
Yes. You can get a domain for 2 years right now for $18, and a linux cpanel hosting plan for $4.99/mo if you buy at least 12 months.
>>
>>51292195
Because you need facilities, infrastructure, licensing, pass regulatory requirements, hire staff, advertise, etc
>>
>>51292198
How much is it per month, not including any discounted sign up fees and stuff, just the normal rate?

Also, thanks for the info!
>>
>>51292200
This new meme is annoying.
>>
>>51292204
Thanks!
>>
>>51292218
Looks like $9.99/mo hosting for the cheapest plan. $10.99/year for the domain name, first year free. There's a discount if you buy a year of hosting all at once.

If you just want to host a blog or something on your own domain name, you can skip paying for hosting and just buy a domain. Websites like tumblr let you use your own domain name instead of being a subdomain of tumblr.com. I know you're not in that boat though.
>>
>>51292249
You guys are really disappointing. I'm offering you mid-level inside knowledge of a company and I haven't had one person ask how to save money or fuck over the company, just some edgy faggots trying to fit in and hate on the company with the bad reputation
>>
>>51292249
Didn't mean to reply to you
>>
>>51292267
>I'm offering you call center inside knowledge of a company
ftfy
>>
>>51292267
Okay, faggot. How to fuck up company and saving miney?
>>
>>51292267
So a few years ago there was this controversy about godaddy supporting SOPA our similar bills in the U.S. There was a supposed mass migration away from said company. Did it affect the bottom line in any significant way? Was the company scared at all?
>>
>>51292267
Alright then, do you know of any good domains that are about to expire that are worth sniping.
>>
>>51292297
There was some internal dissent about the decision and a lot of employees weren't happy about it. In reality, we didn't lose a lot of customers and it barely affected us. But because of PR and internal pressure they changed stance. It's weird but GoDaddy actually listens to its employees.

>>51292298
No that isn't something we do. You could watch the auctions area, otherwise there's a bunch of sites out there to help with this.
>>
>>51292267
How often do you suck dick to keep your job
>>
>>51292330
Not at all. All the faggots are in recruiting. Management is real bros, free lunches and drinking on the job. It's great.
>>
>>51291897
I own a .com domain with "alphabet" in it through your service, what are my chances of making money off that?
>>
>>51292556
The value of the domain is determined by a lot of things. But I look at it as, if I spend $15 on a domain and sell it for $60 I made 4 times my investment for doing nothing. You can actually get a free domain appraisal from us. If you call in they'll show you how
>>
No you don't stop pretending.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.