[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IBM Tower Cases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-IBM-THINKCENTRE-M52-Computer-Tower-Case-Chassis-mt-m-8113-/261773471110?nav=SEARCH

Can this accept ATX form factor parts or not? If so, what size?
>>
>>51290024
I wouldn't be too sure about it. Workstations often take their own funky form factors.

ATX could probably be worked into it, but with these machines you usually want to stick to the motherboards designed for it.
>>
>>51290024
I have a thinkcenter case that looks like that. If I remember right it was some kind of BTX variant. OEMs do that because a.) it doesn't cost much to have a custom design when you're going to order a million copies, and b.) they want to discourage upgraders from using standard parts.
>>
>>51291191
Looking at the original motherboard for that case it appears to be BTX.
>>
>>51290024

you better ask that to the seller, they can tell it better.
>>
>>51291151
>>51291191
>>51291284
This. It might not be BTX, but it sure as hell isn't ATX.

Sorry OP, I know their cases look pretty tight but without hacking it up and putting in a mobo tray (Don't even think about it unless you've done case mods before) you're SOL.
>>
Are there any affordable atx standard cases in that style? Aesthetically, i mean.
>>
>>51292068
Cooler Master N200 has that business class look.
>>
>>51290024
I saw one like this once. Covered with dust and filth.
It was a true pleasure to see the entire all of the grime get loose by crust
>>
>>51290024
I better warn you OP : this is the heavier computer i ever saw, this iron shit must weight 8Kg.
>>
File: DSC_0571.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0571.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Fuck workstation PCs got such cool cases. And none have standard motherboards.
>>
>>51290024
we had those cases at my previous job, they would run 24/7. I opened one of them I've never seen this much dust inside a case.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.