[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a GeForce 745M video card. I'm wondering if it could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: sn745m-2gd5-ma.jpg (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sn745m-2gd5-ma.jpg
123 KB, 500x500
I have a GeForce 745M video card. I'm wondering if it could be upgraded. What information would I be looking for in order to accomplish this?
>>
What brand of laptop?
>>
Get a titan z or gtfo
>>
>>51287847
>I'm wondering if it could be upgraded

99% chance thats gonna be a no
>>
>>51287893

Asus unfortunately.
>>
>>51287919

Ya, I'll be sure to shove that in my laptop.

Thanks champ.
>>
>>51287938
Yeah sorry pal it's not happening, that sit is soldered onto your motherboard.
>>
>>51288029

Thought it was dedicated.

Lappy has two cards, one integrated Intel HD and other 745M dedicated VIA PCI.
>>
>>51287847
Buying parts and assuming you don't know or you don't have the tools to solder will make it much more expensive than just get a new motherboard for your laptop with all newer parts. You just need to find a motherboard that has the same layout as yours to find your laptop.

tl;dr it's too bothersome, better sell that laptop and buy a new one/stop gayming on a laptop or if you do game consider the chance of running your RAM in dual channel mode
>>
>>51288077
if you really want to upgrade, look into eGPU
>>
>>51288101

By my understanding, maybe wrong, though just as a desktop is, integrated is soldered and dedicated is not. A desktop has an integrated video card (dependent upon motherboard) and you have the option to put a dedicated video card in VIA PCI/AGP. Lappy be working the same way.

Check out Alienwear's M17x video card upgrading abilities to see what I'm getting at.

Although with the lack of information, motherboard idea maybe worth a shot.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>51288147

Holy shit that's amazing.

I'll def be looking into this.
>>
>>51288151
>dedicated is not

False.

Most are actually soldered into the mom board
>>
>>51288151
>PCI AGP
found the A+ graduate
>>
>>51288194

How would you go about checking this?
>>
>>51288211
rip'er open
>>
>>51288147
Would a laptop with a gtx980m be able to use the gtx980m and an external gtx970 (kinda like sli) or is that impossible?
>>
>>51288206

Actually not :(.
>>
>>51288257
impossible and pointless
>>
>>51288222

It does depend on the model to tell if the video card, integrated or dedicated, if it is soldered?

There is no general rule?
>>
>>51288273
Is it possible to have sli eGPUs?
>>
>>51288306
If it's a real high end laptop you paid over 2000 for, there's a chance it's a modular gpu. If it's general consumer gaming shit, no chance in hell.
>>
>>51288383

Thank you.

I'll be looking more into the eGPU option.

Thanks everyone.
>>
>>51287949
Do it, no balls
>>
>>51288330
it would bottleneck hard, completely pointless
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.