[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
one driver update and now my GPU is too old. WTF nvidia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: wtfnvidia.png (337 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
wtfnvidia.png
337 KB, 1200x720
one driver update and now my GPU is too old. WTF nvidia
>>
>Nvidia
>>
>>51284897
Can't you realise the pc gaming market is a scam? Just get a console instead
>>
>>51284942
PC hardware lasts over 2 console generations everytime though.
>>
>>51284897
Oh no, what are you going to do to optimize your games?!

It's gonna be so hard to change all these settings!
>>
>>51284897
>Jewvidia
>>
>>51284961
Yes but to run the newest games at full details you need the latest hardware which defeats the purpose
>>
>>51284961
So a PC with an Intel Core 2 , GT8800 and 4gb of RAM will still be relevant after 2020 ? PS3 to PS4 end
>>
>>51284897
Wow, are you serious? Even a GTX 670 is enough to max out some of the latest games.

This is not planned obsolescence, this is forced obsolescence.
>>
>>51284897
Too old for what? For letting Nvidia "optimize
your games? Just change the settings yourself like any normal human being dumbshit, most games will run fine.
>>
>>51285038
Probably could play more games than both.
>>
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/driver_rollback.html

/solved
>>
>>51285465
Yes well I can play even more games on a raspberry pi with mame but that doesn't prove anything.
>>
>>51284942
gaming overall is a fucking scam and I can't believe there are still idiots buying all the 'epik gaymin' bullshit to play broken, poorly optimized full of DLCs and other crap 5 hour campaign 'games'
>>
>gtx 680 (770..)

nice meme

should have went amd
>>
>>51285038
the processor probably fucks you there. get a Q6600 in there and yeah, you're fine for this generation for low settings and below 720p.
>>
>>51285399
Its not about the effort, it is about nvidia continuing to fuck people over for profit. Why anyone would choose to continue their monopolistic bullshit is beyond me. Some people are just vapid and lazy, I guess.
>>
>>51284897
I have a 660 and I don't get this screen.
>>
We all know that Nvidia is a planned one-generation company. We've seen it on mant occasions yet people still buy them, loose their minds over it and then once again continue to buy they products.

Not saying the other team is any better but it's marginally better when it comes to this sort of stuff and card life longeivity.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.