[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TMobile UnCarrier 10 event
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: uncarrier10invite[1].jpg (70 KB, 448x543) Image search: [Google]
uncarrier10invite[1].jpg
70 KB, 448x543
T-Mobile has started their Un-carrier X event.

Will be "BingeOn" which is zero rating for Netflix, HBO, Hulu, and Sling (possibly others)

u streamDOTtv/TMobileUS
>>
24 video services at launch.
They are doing some sort of quality limit or data compression. "DVD quality"
Services have to meet "technical requirements" for to be added.
Can be turned off, unclear how yet.
>>
This is bad news for net neutrality.
>>
Launch providers

Netflix
HBO NOW
HBO GO
Hulu
Sling TV
Sling Box
ESPN
Showtime
Starz
Movieplex
Encore
T-Mobile TV
Vevo
Vessel
Univision Deportes
Major League Baseball
Go90
DirecTV
Fox Sports
Fox Sports GO
NBC Sports
Crackle
VUDU
Ustream

Only for SimpleChoice plans with greater than 3GB.
Can be disabled/enabled through the website.
Compression is being done to all video.
480p is the minimum video quality.
>>
And some new pricing/datacaps for Family and Business plans.

Full press
https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/media-kits/un-carrier-x.htm
>>
I have the $30/month 5gb plan with 100mins/text. Will I get binge on as well?
>>
>T/Online/Telekom
kek
>>
>>51284831
Do you even get the music straming for free?
You may need their other plans
>>
>>51284831
SimpleChoice plans only. That sounds like a prepaid plan which is a different category. But they may still be doing the compression, that rollout is unclear.
>>
Because fuck net neutrality amirite
>>
>>51285046
Yes I get music streaming for free. Thats why i'm asking, hopefully they'll give us free video like they give me free music
>>
>>51286014
http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/10/9704482/t-mobile-uncarrier-binge-on-netflix-hbo-streaming

>Binge On, which comes at no extra cost, will automatically start for every T-Mobile customer with a 3GB or higher data plan on November 20th,

You may get it since your plan is 5gb...
>>
>>51284831

How did you get that plan, I dont see it on their website.
>>
>>51286576
Walmart.
>>
Well I am sticking with AT&T, like the hell I want to be the network when you fags are using it
>>
>>51286592
Recently?
>>
You should not be happy about this. It's prioritizing some hosts on the internet over others. If they can offer unlimited streaming on Netflix they should be able to offer internet usage in general
>>
File: Capture.png (19 KB, 661x322) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19 KB, 661x322
>>51286576
>>51286592
Yes you can go to walmart but you can also sign up for the plan on t-mobile.com but only new customers will see the plan. Buy a sim card and when you go to choose a plan as a new customer you will see the option.

thats what I did

I easily use 6gb of data streaming from soundcloud but pic related is all t-mobile has recognized this month since soundcloud is unlimited for me.

>>51286662
shut up, go back to the verge. tmo isn't prioritizing shit
>>
>>51286683
>tmo isn't prioritizing shit
Yes, they are. Their service has a cap. If you go over that cap, your service is throttled to 2g, except for the services outlined in the OP, which will run at full speed. That is prioritization.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.