[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
data structures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ch04a1.gif (6 KB, 574x249) Image search: [Google]
ch04a1.gif
6 KB, 574x249
hey /g/, I need to learn all about data structures in C(lists, queues and stacks) for a class in college. what are the best books or websites for me to do that?
>>
wikipedia articles should suffice
>>
>>51281550
Maybe you should've attended the class that came before it and probably was named something like "algorithms and data structures"?

Regardless, for trivial data structures like those (and even slightly more complex ones) Wikipedia is more than adequate.
>>
I can't quite understando my teacher, and I'm really bugged with the functions she writes for us to use. I want to learn it deeply, for me to be able to write my own function within these algorithms
>>
File: 6-046jf05.jpg (84 KB, 320x373) Image search: [Google]
6-046jf05.jpg
84 KB, 320x373
>>51281550
I had to go through this book at uni. Quite good actually.
>>
>>51281550
>lists, queues, stacks
>needing books to understand them
>>
>>51281825
Damn good book. I'm looking at my bookshelf copy right now.
>>
>data structures
>c

might as well write in machine code. C is for printf hello world and for autistic arguing that fputs would be faster because you don't actually have a format.
>>
>>51281909
my uni decided that my class should be in C, so let it be in C
>>
>>51281909
>might as well write in machine code.
That's the point in university though.

When I took data structures, one of the first things that was said in my uni class was
>"We'll be using C to implement data structures. The point is to get an appreciation of how these are really implemented on modern computers down at the metal. When you're accessing a member of any sort of data structure, you're really just using a fancy pointer."
>>
>>51281998
Hmm. I agree with this, actually. I should have thought about this more.
>>
>>51281909
Also for kernels and compilers
Coming from a lispfag whose favourite compiler is written in C
>>
>>51282026
and embedded systems...
>>
>>51282058
>what is Embeddable Common Lisp
actually it's still a tad buggy, so I'll grant you that
>>
>>51282058
And for high performance or large scale applications
And for microcontrollers
And for graphics applications
... so on and so forth.
>>
>>51282193
yes. there are many, many situations where c is the only reasonable option available to you. either you know it, or you look for a different job.
>>
I have a great resource but it uses scheme.
>>
>>51282244
For everything else, there is Common Lisp MasterRace
Or was it MasterCard?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.