[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to learn c++ ? Also if you have methods or links (or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sendhelp.jpg (16 KB, 450x225) Image search: [Google]
sendhelp.jpg
16 KB, 450x225
Best way to learn c++ ? Also if you have methods or links (or any other stuff who can help). Ty /g/uys .
>>
*diyingwiththread*
>>
>>51279521
Programming: Principles and Practices using C++.
>>
Ok , but how ? With exercices online ? Youtube? Books better? I've heard about programing games
>>
>>51280292
Go fund yourself and learn to google. Seriously, read the fucking sticky.
>>
I wouldn't learn c++ if you have limited programming knowledge and/or experience. You'll progress at such a slow pace you'll lose interest and stop. I would suggest a language that's easy to dive into and actually write programs. C++ is a huge language and has so many nuances to understand. Python, Ruby, JavaScript or even C would be better. C++ is a god tier language but it's not something you'll enjoy at this stage.
>>
>>51280339
Really depends on what you want. I'm a physicist and it was only natural for me to start with C/C++. I can write my simulations, and that's all I need. On the other hand, I don't program with UIs at all, never did and no idea how to do it. No interest in that.
>>
File: 1444845128021.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1444845128021.gif
3 MB, 200x170
>>51279521

codeacademy.com

that said, you'd be better off learning javascript first.
>>
>>51280414
Starting with C is a great idea because it will teach not only programming but how computers and hardware works. C++ is so large in comparison it would take you much longer to get going. With C, you can start writing code very quickly based on how small the language is. Actually writing code is the only way to learn.
>>
>>51280486
>codeacademy.com
No. Get a book. A proper one, not one of those "learn everything in 21 days" or whatever it is -- that's just not possible.
Unless you want to program in a C-with-classes style, to which I say FUCK YOU and in that case don't even bother with C++, there are enough of those "language experts" who somehow got that horrible idea and are in fact better of just using C.
>>
>>51279521
just write some C++
>>
>>51279521

1. Read book
2. Write programs

Wow! That was hard!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.