[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
future code monkey here. I spent my life typing on rubber dome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: やめて.jpg (55 KB, 630x522) Image search: [Google]
やめて.jpg
55 KB, 630x522
future code monkey here.
I spent my life typing on rubber dome keyboards.
Now that I know that I will spend my days using it, I am ready to buy a nice one. I thought, runner buy nice shoes cause they use them a lot ; the guys who are using bicycle everyday tend to like quality tools to work with. There should be an equivalent for dude like me, right?

> Research for quality durable keyboards comfy to type on.
> Lurk the /mkg/ threads and try some mechanical keyboards in store.
> MX blue are too loud but I like the tactile feedback, brown to mushy, and I dont feel like typing on mx black (I dont feel linear comfy). Also tried some Topre but it doesnt give me the feels and their price are so high I will be hit hard by the buyer's remorse should I buy one.
I circle back using my old rubber dome.

Also, most of the mech keyboards in store are some ugly ricer stuff. Nothing I'd take to the office.

Are mechanical keyboards just a meme so that German Cherry can take money from the greasy dude that are willing to buy them?
Are there keyboards designed for dude who JUST TYPE A LOT on them, without fancy leds, ugly keycaps and bulky shape?
>>
>>51278243
I would reply with an answer, but your English skills are too poor.
>Not checking an OP for typos
>>
>>51278243
> bringing your own keyboard to the office

Many companies don't allow that you bring your own hardware. Rightfully so.
>>
File: 1444243608013.jpg (181 KB, 1280x1708) Image search: [Google]
1444243608013.jpg
181 KB, 1280x1708
>>51278310
>Rightfully so.
why? if the employee dont bring MX blue or green or buckling spring where is the issue?
>>
>>51278325
Accidents, insurance, tax relief for company hardware, danger of industrial espionage. Oh, and uniformity of the soulcrushing corporate environment where you're supposed to express yourself with the color of your tie or sweater at best.
>>
Mechanical keyboards are imo only worth it if you really type a lot or like rhythm gayms.
QPAD MK-50 looks pretty basic and is pretty cheap and normal shape/size.
>>
>>51278376
well, I don't see how the company's rival can spy on us if I purchase a quality keyboard to type dank scripts on.
But I do agree that this whole corporate environment is mental cancer. It is like it is encouraged to act like a dumb puppet and stricly forbidden to make efforts to bring new ideas that might or not fail.

>>51278379
The QPAD MK-50 is nice. But I was thinking that maybe something like a pok3r might be better, since i do not use the numpad. Or a lolita, which is cheaper.
But not sure if it worth it buy one for office purpose : I will get either black or brown switches, that dont give me feel. Never tried mx clears but it is described as a stiffer brown, with a long bump instead of a sharp one like the blues.
>>
>>51278243
Yes, mechanical is a meme.

But buckling sure isnt
>>
>>51278580
How ? Bucking spring feel like stiff clicky MX, only louder.
Do you really use one outside your home? I mean it is loud enough to have a roommate secretly hating me during my shitposting sessions
>>
>>51278511
>I don't see how the company's rival can spy on us if I purchase a quality keyboard to type dank scripts on

It could help _you_ with smuggling data outside. I've worked for a company a while ago which was pretty paranoid about espionage (an intern had stolen source code and tried to sell it to a competitor in the past); as a conseqence almost all workplaces were custom builds without cd burner or USB ports, the few offices with cd burners had cameras. Oh, and keyloggers installed on all systems. That was fun.
>>
File: p7.png (113 KB, 394x294) Image search: [Google]
p7.png
113 KB, 394x294
>>51278743
If I wanted to steal the source code to resell it to competitors, I'd just bring one of these small usb stick and copy everything from the company's github repository on it quicky during the lunch break, not a fancy setup involving a storing device hidden inside a keyboard.

>Oh, and keyloggers installed
Topkek, it's movie grade. Like the Breaking Bad moment when Heisenberg installs the spying stuff in his brother in law's office desktop computer, with a mic and stuff.
>>
>>51278743
LMAO, based intern.
>>
>>51278325
so cute
>>
>Are there keyboards designed for dude who JUST TYPE A LOT on them, without fancy leds, ugly keycaps and bulky shape?

God you're retarded. No one in their right mind actually buys the Razer gaming meme style keyboards.

Buy this: http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/usa-filco-ninja-majestouch-2-tenkeyless-nkr-click-action-keyboard-image.asp

Buy O-rings. Install the O-rings. Get the thick ones if you really want 'silence'. Learn how to type so you dont bottom out on every press you a fucking moron. If you are making a lot of noise, you're doing it wrong.

If you want quality keycaps for them feels, get a PBT keycap set. The build quality is amazing and your fingers will thank you.

>Quality board, silent, think keycaps, no LEDs, small form size.

You're welcome.
>>
>>51279127
Why wouldn't you just suggest an mx brown instead?
>>
Try mx greens, best of both worlds
>>
>>51279756
This is the most cancerous of all switches.
Each keystroke is loud like a thousand brat kid in a candy alley of wallmart and requires so much strengh from the user's hand I'd end up with carpal syndrom in few month of daily use.
>>
>>51279825
I personally use buckling springs. Worth switching to blues?
>>
>>51279721
because Browns are shit. They're mushy. Blues are like a clear, fresh mountain spring. Browns are like a muddy, dirty pond.
>>
>>51279865
I dunno man. buckling spring are louder.
Mx blue feel nice, like double, clean cut, sharp haptic response from the keys. But they are still too loud and their sound is exactly what you'd expect, pure high pitch meme.
>>
>>51278243
meme and placebo

a 10 dollar rubberdome will do just as well
>>
File: Co K65.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
Co K65.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
Corsair K65
Cherry Reds
So smooth to type on
>>
>>51278243
やめろおおおおおお
>>
File: T1rwcnrxo1_400.gif (2 MB, 280x313) Image search: [Google]
T1rwcnrxo1_400.gif
2 MB, 280x313
>>51281681
You actually type on reds?
>>
>>51278580
>rubber dome is better than mechanical
Ok
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.