[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone gotten bored of smartphones? They're all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: v10comparo-4.0.jpg (363 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
v10comparo-4.0.jpg
363 KB, 2040x1360
Has anyone gotten bored of smartphones? They're all the same now and there's hardly a difference between phones now and 2 years ago. I don't see a reason to upgrade my G2 unless it's to ironically get a Windows phone since it's different...
>>
File: IMG_20151103_003755.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_003755.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
That's because you use a Toy OS (iOS, Android, WP)

Once you ascend to Meego on the Nokia N9 with a full GNU/Unix subsystem you will change your mind
>>
>>51274434
my G2 got the common G2 problem where part of the screen simply stops responding to touches. I didnt drop it or anything, it just started happening a bit one day, kept getting a bit more noticeable over the week. Then it was just always like that from then on.

After 3-4 weeks I upgraded to the Note5. If it hadn't been fucking up though, I probably would have stayed with the G2.
>>
I have, My first smartphone was an iPhone 4 then I got the Galaxy S3... I still use the S3 because nothing has really made me excited to upgrade. In all reality I don't really use my phone for anything more resource intensive than browsing the web so that might be why.
>>
It's habbening. Full plebs are starting to lose interest in shit gimmics offered by $800 flagships. Galaxy s7 is on suicide watch.
>>
No. If you don't have a 2015 flagship you don't know what you are missing
>>
>>51274460
I would do that if the hardware was more up to date.
>>
trash designs didn't sell, companies move to what is proven to work

god bless the free market
>>
>>51274434
pretty much. I have a 2012-model phone that I bought in late 2013 and I can't be bothered to upgrade. It'd be a bit faster, with a few more bells and whistles, but really nothing worth paying money for.
>>
File: 1294808037001.jpg (24 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
1294808037001.jpg
24 KB, 500x444
Post in this thread if you're a member of the $219 burger coins Zenfone 2 4GB RAM version master race!
>>
I mean considering its a fucking phone...things are getting pretty interesting with video calls, shit posting on social media, sending nudes on snapchat and shit. Most phones are phablets now so you can enjoy media on them if you're bored and on the go.
There are a lot of other features, but I don't use them. I'm sure people who take advantage of all of them are excited about what new features are getting released, so it's pretty subjective
>>
>>51274723
>intel atom
>tons of bloatware
>disgusting skin
>cheap build quality
>dim display
>master race
>>
>>51274434
I have an iPhone 5C i got for free from a friend who upgraded from the six. It had a few things my Nokia Lumia 530 didn't so i put my sim card in that. I'll tell you what, OP, it sure is a phone.

I don't see why people get excited over these things. I'll probably use this one until it's dead. Anyone know anything about how long iPhones normally last? I got my sim card circumsized for this thing and I'm beginning to wonder how soon I'll have to buy a new one.
>>
>>51274775
Upgraded TO the 6. Whatever.
>>
I'm jaded on mobile devices after using a Palm Pilot and later a Nokia N800, so I was never even tempted by the modern smartphone craze.
>>
>>51274770
>>intel atom
Nothing wrong with it.

>>tons of bloatware
Uninstalling-is-hard.jpg

>>disgusting skin
That's just your tasteless opinion.

>cheap build quality
Only the SIM slots are shit tier, but a sheet of paper fix it.

>dim display
You have a point.
>>
>>51274460
STOP POSTING ABOUT UR SHIT N9 JUST STOP JUST DIE
>>
>>51274723
>$219
>for a phone

that's about twice the maximum I'd consider paying for a phone, senpai
>>
>>51274796
I can accept all of that, but you can't seriously believe the skin Asus uses is good?
>>
>>51274434
i feel you OP
I had a n5, it broke so i moved to a moto /g/
then i got bored moved to a zf2, rooted, flashed paranoid and xposed
was gonna upgrade to the n5x, but looking at it there is no reason for me to get it over the n5, between xposed, roms, kernel, undervolting, marshmallow and then a possible battery mod the only thing lacking in the n5 is the camera, so I'll be going back to a hella cheap n5 in a few weeks
>>
I'm bored of smartphones and have been using the same Xperia since 2013, but it seems like every time there's a new Xiaomi or a One Plus or an iPhone everyone just shits their pants.
>>
I've never owned a smartphone, and I feel their boring. They never had any really fresh designs. It's just the same old slab of glass over and over again.
>>
I just upgrade when whatever I was using dies.
Just got the 6P after using the OG droid for the past 5 years.
Definitely nice and should last even longer although I miss my keyboard, I don't know how anyone types well on touchscreens.
>>
I have the g2. Great phone, I get about 6-8 hours SoT. I wouldn't upgrade unless there was a phone with significantly better battery, oled screen, front speakers and sd card. Even still I'm a fan of buttons on the back.
>>
>>51274434
Charm for me ended when I've switched first gen Note to N3. It was literally the same device with somewhat better screen. First Galaxy Note was a device that I've been waiting for for years, with digitizer, hdmi out, overall performance, size, list goes on. Since then only other device that makes any impact for me is BB Priv - and it is still flawed design by compromising itself.
No new device, ugh, innovates in any form. They get more powerful, screen on time is getting shorter and that is it. Any progress happening is on software side of things, nowadays.
>>
>>51274723
Sorry, what? It's hard to hear you under all that bloatware.
>>
>>51274434
yes and no. i picked up a reconditioned gayphone 5s for 100 flat and updated it to 9.0.2 installed cydia on and for the value i cant complain. its great to be able to insta block unknown numbers , a feature even ios9 vanilla doesnt have, as the feature requires a displayed number to block. fuck unknown numbers, enjoy my busy signal forever.
>>
>>51274434
what phone is that on the left?
>>
>>51277979
Some Samsung galaxy, who knows what version, it's not like they've been very creative with their designs in the last 5 years.
>>
>>51278002
i dont think the 1 on the left is a samsung
>>
>>51274434
Yeah I don't give a fuck anymore because I can't afford them. iPhone 4 for lyfe
>>
>>51278025
Oh I'm sorry, well it kinda looks like every generic chinkphone ever.
>>
File: 4L_mqi6wwHB.png (109 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
4L_mqi6wwHB.png
109 KB, 640x1136
look, samsung smart phone product cycle is somewhere in the realms of every 12-18 months. Only a fool buys the hype and, in many ways a sturdy dumb phone is vastly superior
>>
File: 140217149021.jpg (344 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
140217149021.jpg
344 KB, 1024x768
>>51274678
Nice one
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.