[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a shitty apartment with a shitty router. I can only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1445727501227.jpg (531 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
1445727501227.jpg
531 KB, 1936x2592
I'm in a shitty apartment with a shitty router.

I can only get a reliable wireless internet connection if I'm in the same room as my router with all of my devices.

Do I need a new wireless router or some kind of signal booster? I want to be able to use my shit in other rooms...
>>
>>51273070
>Do I need a new wireless router or some kind of signal booster?
Yes
>>
>>51273070
possible solution. cheap and good.
http://www.staples.com/Edimax-Mini-Wireless-Access-Point/product_1954139
>>
>>51273106
Will one work better than the other?
>>
change the channel on the wireless until you land on one that works best. use Wifi Analyzer on android to get a better idea of what channels you can use, check both at the router and where you want to connect from.
>>
>>51273140
I've done that already. Pretty much configured everything I can in every place I can on anything I can.
>>
Get a router other than the one your ISP gave you
>>
>>51273161
well are you in a clear channel, or wat? if you're not it's time to switch to 5GHZ if your router isn't too far away.
>>
>>51273070
what model router do you have now, OP?
>>
>>51273174
Any suggestions?

>>51273210
I'm in the clearest channel I found so far.
>>
>>51273222
Arris TG862
>>
>>51273305
dude, combo modem/routers are shit. bridge your modem and buy a real router. good god.
>>
>>51273333
And now I know.

So, what model should I look for? $100 budget.
>>
>>51273070

I use my phone as a router

Works fine everywhere.
>>
>>51273349
TP-LINK N750 has served me quite well. no complaints on that.
>>
>>51273387
also ddwrt runs well on this. the stock firmware is dog vomit.
>>
>>51273349
i like my Asus RT-N66U. You can find one for 40 to 50 dollars now. The stock firmware isn't bad and there's a souped up version called Merlin. I run Shibby's version of Tomato, but you can go with ddwrt or OpenWrt too. It's great!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.