[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll move to my mom's city in the next vacation by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I'll move to my mom's city in the next vacation by bus and I want to bring my desktop with me, what is the best way to do it? I'm thinking i'll probably have to buy a big ass travel bag
>>
>>51262038
take the graphics card and cooler out if they are heavy, then ship the computer, it may cost more but if anything is damaged the shipping company will cover the cost.
>>
>big ass travel bag
don't be a retard. insure and ship it. if you really can't afford to lose the data then just make sure your offsite backups are recent just in case BECAUSE YOU'RE KEEPING OFFSITE BACKUPS RIGHT?
>>
>>51262116
>>51262139
It'll cost a ton, in the long run i'll save money just buying a gigantic bag, also I can use it for clothes and shit when I just want to bring my laptop.
>>
>>51262038
I usually pull out my GPU, put it in an anti-static bag, and put the rest of my system in a suitcase. Works everytime for me.

I usually wrap the static bag with the GPU inside in a blanket. Call me an overprotective whore, but it works pretty well.
>>
Carry it on your shoulder like an 80's boombox. Don't forget to wear your baseball cap backwards. Oh, word to yo motha.
>>
>>51262038
rent a car you mong
>>
>>51262038
Take out the parts, sell the case, buy a new one when you arrive.
>>
>>51262038
this?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00021UJ62
>>
>>51266598
Kek'd
>>
File: Selection_006.png (69 KB, 593x189) Image search: [Google]
Selection_006.png
69 KB, 593x189
i doubt they will let you take it on the bus, op. your best bet would be to ship it.

>pic related, greyhound bus policy
>>
>>51262159
>It'll cost a ton
Did you even bother to get an estimate or are you just talking out of your ass?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.