[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
390x vs 980 - 7 dollar difference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: vcard.png (1 MB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
vcard.png
1 MB, 2000x1000
Help me /g/

What videocard should I stick up with for the next 3-5 years
>>
Long term? R9 390x.
It sinply has better dx12 support, which will be used more often in the future.
>>
>>51261837
>290X Tri-X 8GB
Costs more than 100 € less here. Same as 390X.

Don't buy the Inno3d 980, I had 3 of them, 2 RMAs in 1 month. My friends 780 also broke.

If AMD, then 200 series. If money, then 980. Do not waste something to AMD unless they develop a new architecture that is worth it.
>>
Depends on which resolution and refresh rate you game at, and if you plan to increase either of those in the next three to five years.
>>
>>51261862
>dx12
>win10

Is /g/ telling me to get Win10

>>51261867
Oh no wonder they are having a clearance sale for the Inno3d brand.

And my fucking country dont sell 200 series in most branches anymore, saw 1 and its the 4GB
>>
>Inno3D

I have no idea how are they when it comes to quality. Buy 390x
>>
>>51261979
Then why the fuck are you looking for another gfx? If you don't want to play dx12 titles just stick with your gpu. As i can see, youre running loonix and therefore don't play intensive games.
>>
>>51261837
The 980 is the better card for the money, but it ultimately looses to the non-x fury.
>>
>>51261979
You won't need 8 GB unless you're planning to run 4K on a Crossfire. I always recommend the 8 GB Tri-X for the "Look its only 4 not 8 GB" fags.

Both cards are similar in peformance, but Nvidia is more efficient.
>>
>>51262150
Is SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9-290X 4GB GDDR5 good?

Dunno the price yet

>>51261988
but a regular priced 980 and fury x is already outside my budget.
>>
>>51261837
Save your sanity, hot cards are LOUD.

>>51261979
Feel free to stick with W7 if you don't mind your bleeding edge PC getting BTFO by an Xbox 360 in drawcalls. DX12/WDDM2 will soon be a must.
>>
AMD because it has better free as in freedom drivers since AMD is now officially developing FOSS drivers.
Nvidia has DRM on the firmware
Nvidia hates your freedom
>>
>>51261837

I just bought the R9 380 4gb for $169 on newegg.

I think the price justifies the purchase.
>>
>>51261837
>for the next 3-5 years

Wait a year for the 14nm cards, they'll will have a 2x performance over current generations, and will be a much better contenders at setting you up for 3-5 years. Unless by that you mean "play games on max today, play games on minimum in 3 years".
>>
>>51263088
>play minimum in 3 years

that's a myth

Im stuck with a 630GT for like almost 1 year and 8 months when my GTX 280 died which can play games in high settings.

I dunno if I can wait 5 more months.

What's the pricing for release days anyway even for the x60 line
>>
Look op, you're going to end up buying one of these gpus now and then buying one of the new ones which come out next year. I everyone will buy the new ones since we're expecting big performance leaps for a long time with die shrinks and hbm etc.

I'd say get the best overall card you can get right now, which is the 980 imo. Low power draw, temps and sexy overclocks make it a better deal than the 390x.

I personally have a evga 980 FTW which overclocks like mad. I don't know if a reference card will be able to get the same performance I'm getting though.
>>
>>51263594
Does NV-Link mean I need a new mobo?

I guess there's no point in upgrading till next year if I decided to hold it out.
>>
>>51263734
nvlink isn't really needed for gaming. hell, AMD's shown that you don't need a physical connector between the two GPUs, the PCI-e bus is just fine to talk through.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.