[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Multi-timezone watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Casio_F-91W.jpg (521 KB, 1210x1211) Image search: [Google]
Casio_F-91W.jpg
521 KB, 1210x1211
Hey /g/ !

For ...reasons... I need a watch that allows me to track multiple timezones.

For example, I am in timezone A, but I want to be able to know what time is it in timezones B and C also (for example by pressing a button).

At the moment, the only solution I found is carrying two watches with me, one per wrist. A lot better than pulling out my phone every flippin time. But it's also 40% moronic, and I recognize that.

So, what watch do you recommend?

The ideal watch would digital and cheap, and possibly have some other nice features too (alarm clock/clocks, timer, stopwatch, current date)

Pic only partially related: it's my current watch.
>>
>>51259604
Is it really that hard to remember the timezone offset and add/subtract it? It's fucking basic addition.

That' said, there are a ton that do this.
>>
What's wrong with just adding/subtracting? Just remember how much you have to add and subtract for your timezone.
>>
>>51259604

Git gud and do the math in your head. It's at 30 min increments anyways, how hard can it be?
>>
File: a500wa.jpg (10 KB, 190x246) Image search: [Google]
a500wa.jpg
10 KB, 190x246
>>51259604
You could get a) radio controlled watch that syncs it's time when you're across timezones(the expensive option), or get something like Casio A500/AE1200(world time watches) Usually lower end Casio digital watches have secondary time zone function too, which would come in handy if you travel across two timezones.
>>
>>51259604
Some of the Casio databank have multiple timezones iirc.
>>
E-dating doesn't work dude
>>
>>51259604
i like the rolex explorer 2. has a second hour hand. The you're looking for what is usually referred to as a 'GMT' watch. do some google and you'll get many options.
>>
>>51259604
My old G-Shock switched to another timezone by pressing the bottom right button. My current one syncs automatically and additionally has a mode to quickly go through all timezones.
>>
>>51259618

It's not so simple. Depending on time of the year and there might be one hour more or less due to daylight saving time.

This depend on the zone, and I know pretty much nothing about this, except that it exists and it "gets in the way".
>>
>>51259666
>Casio A500/AE1200

Thanks, this is what I was looking for!
>>
>>51259740

G-Shock watches are super cool!
>>
File: ua9dret49j8zgb5u4ju9.jpg (28 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
ua9dret49j8zgb5u4ju9.jpg
28 KB, 500x491
>>51259666
>>
>>51259604

How about a smart phone?
>>
>>51259604
>the only solution I found is carrying two watches with me, one per wrist

>two watches
>one per wrist

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
File: 20151109_050656.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151109_050656.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Casio world time, I'm currently visiting family and the time zone function really helped out when I was flying to different cities. It's also damn comfy I haven't taken it off in 3 months.
>>
>>51260492
you have autism
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.