[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to invite you to help me start a business venture.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 48023-hiroyuki_super.jpg (45 KB, 554x599) Image search: [Google]
48023-hiroyuki_super.jpg
45 KB, 554x599
I'd like to invite you to help me start a business venture. As we all know personal trading of Steam Keys can be very dangerous, and always involves some sort of trust; via "reputation" or some other excuse. I'd like your help to design a website that will enable users to safely trade keys without fear of being scammed. In other words, each user will choose what game their key is for, and input their key into a text log, and the system will validate the key, if both keys validate successfully they are sent to one another. Obviously there will have to be negotiating with Valve Corp itself, as of right now you have to redeem a key in order to validate it. Is anyone interested in joining me and helping me make a reality? At first we will run on donations alone, and will have a section where we will accept bullshit keys that no one wants so we can resell for a small profit. Once we get a big enough name, we can implement a monetary system (such as each validation takes $0.25 from each Steam User's Steam Wallet). If you're interested, please leave your Steam Username, I will be creating a Steam Group so we can have further Discussion.
>>
Seems to have some value. Not too hard to build. Still not worth my time.
>>
>>51254016
Anyone who helps with the project will continually receive a share of the profits for the rest of the system's existence.
>>
My dad works at Valve Corp, I may be able to help you with this.
>>
Valve will never ever support this.
If they wanted people to be able to trade Steam keys they'd make the feature themselves.
>>
>>51254108
I thought about that, but I think they'd be interested if a percentage of the profits went to them, and they had to do virtually no work. It's basically free money, and a happier trading community.
>>
Why would Valve help with that?
They make a cut off games traded on the market. They wouldn't get a cut off trading a CD key.
It's also WAY too vulnerable to timing attacks, where you redeem the key after the system validates it.
>>
>>51254142
Like I said, there would still be a few kinks to work out. But I doubt they'd reject the idea, it's literally free money and a greater community + more steam popularity.
>>
>>51254122
not a chance m8
it's just not how these big companies work
Valve has absolutely no interest in letting anyone but them be able to do anything with Steam trading
>>
>>51254174
If I scheduled a meeting or online chat session with Valve to talk about this and they said they were interested, would you be on board then?
>>
And to think that this would all be solved if Valve would let people redeem keys into their inventory instead of telling you to fuck off because you already have a copy
>>
>>51254165
>it's literally free money
For who?
How does Valve get money out of this?

The ONLY secure way I can think of to do a CD-key trading is this:
1. Buyer gives money to your service
2. Seller provides CD key to your service
3. Buyer provides steam credentials to your service (good luck getting valve's approval on that one) and the service logs in as them
4. System attempts to redeem the CD key on their account
5a. If it doesn't work, buyer is refunded.
5b. If it does, pay the seller.
>>
>>51254187
I would, but good luck with that.
>>
>>51254213
>How does Valve get money out of this?

Because we would give them a portion of all sales.

I will be posting a poll to multiple websites (including this one) asking if this is a service people would be interested in. If that poll hits a certain number of votes, I will be presenting this plan to Valve. If enough people are behind it, and we make it very public, it will be hard for them to back down.
>>
Now that we have the idea, we should exclude the people who is not able to code from the equation
>>
Username: Xitakz
>>
>>51254808
Are you OP? Do you code?
>>
>>51253950
stantheman2010

I have a lot of backend experience. hoping to contribute!
>>
>>51253950
You would have to share profit with Valve and that would be upwards of 50% of profit you make which at your low margins will kill you even if you make it anywhere.
Secondly if I won't trust some random dude why would I trust a 3rd party website.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.