[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pendrive fake capacity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Hi, any ideas how to change pendrive "capacity" to 512 gb?
>>
i don't know shit, but i'd guess you'd have to loop the original capacity somehow.
>>
>>51250234
Isnt there just some kind of data in the beginning that tells the computer how big it is and sort of gives out a grid to locate data? I know that if drives go down you can sometimes save them by grabbing the table from a good matching drive and copying it over. Kinda like a key for a map.
>>
>>51250234
yeah it's simple, you overwrite the firmware that tells the chip it has X amount, to instead read that it has Y amount.

Now...what programs to use, how to edit the firmware, what values to look at, I can't help you with that.
>>
The chinks that sell the 256gb drives on ebay that are really 8gb or less just use a custom firmware that makes it report 256gb and when it reaches over 8gb capacity it just starts overwriting old files so you can keep putting things on it

its pretty great, bravo to them
>>
>>51250310 I already looked for that kind of soft.
but no soft 4 my pendrive
>>51250341 Yeah i know i want to do sth similar just for fun
>>
>>51250234
Hello Yang, none of us are going to help your cheap Chinese company scam their way into money
>>
>>51250234
>Use a very fine file to file away the original printed capacity without leaving visible scratches
>use a cutout mask and paint on the "new" capacity
>normalfags never fill them up anyways so they won't know
>>
>>51250234
go on ebay and buy fake ones from china that read that when in reality they are only 8 gb
>>
>>51250398
>Implying OP isn't a Chinese manufacturer trying to do this
>>
>>51250234

Hi Li, I see the you guys have dabbled into pendrives now.
>>
yes, first you need to remove the case from your original pendrive. Next, tape the case onto a 500gb external harddrive

There you go! in just two simple steps, your pendrive is now 500gb.
>>
>>51250234
Just download 512Mb on it, pajeet. You can download it as RAM and copy to your pendrive.
Just visit http://downloadmoreram.com/
>>
File: buzz-word-bingo1.jpg (25 KB, 460x190) Image search: [Google]
buzz-word-bingo1.jpg
25 KB, 460x190
>>51250234
Use vi on the partition so that it changes the inodes of each files within the filesystem to finally report 512GiB of storage to the kernel.
>>
>>51250341
Why do they do this? Do they think people aren't going to find out? Is it some chinese law thing that permits them to do it? I don't get it.
>>
>>51251771
>Do they think people aren't going to find out?
They don't give a single fuck

>Is it some chinese law thing that permits them to do it?
There's no law to prevent it from happening.
>>
>>51251771
>Do they think people aren't going to find out?
Most tech illiterate people don't even use a fraction of the pendrive's capacity and if they topple with someone who does they just send them a refund or an untampered pendrive so that they won't give them bad reviews.
>>
>>51251701
I FUCKING HATE THESE MEETINGS.
If I ever kill myself it will be at one of these meetings. Just so that something exciting happened at least that one time.
>>
File: More_hands.webm (786 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
More_hands.webm
786 KB, 640x360
>>51252350
>>
>>51251771
>chinese law preventing any kind of scam
it's the People's Republic of China, the only truly capitalist nation in the world when you can make and sell anything
>>
>>51252449
Probably the best character of the series.
>>
>>51252043
An unmolested 256 GB Pen Jump Drive?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.