[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Western technology journalism so shit? All they do is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Why is Western technology journalism so shit? All they do is suck corporate penis and accept the status quo.
>>
>people before profits
fuck outta here with this populist commie shit

most people are trash, i'd pick profits over them 100% of the time
>>
Because journalism has been replaced by bloggers.
When people think they can do a job without spending time to learn of how it have worked in the past.
When people build houses without a degree, things fall apart and there is substandard solutions.
When people get in charge of programming without a degree, things become inefficient and insecure.
When people do journalism without a degree it becomes shitty marketing.
>>
Linux will win in the end
>>
>>51249645
everyone is obsessed with money, society pushes you to do anything and everything for money

>>51249697
>I'm trash, my family is trash, therefore, most people are trash
>>
>>51249747
my family isn't trash but you are

eat shit commie fag
>>
>>51249736
>Because journalism has been replaced by bloggers.
>When people think they can do a job without spending time to learn of how it have worked in the past.
>When people build houses without a degree, things fall apart and there is substandard solutions.
>When people get in charge of programming without a degree, things become inefficient and insecure.
>When people do journalism without a degree it becomes shitty marketing.
you are terribly wrong. people don't go to uni to educate themselves, people go to uni to make money and try to become rich. most "professionals" dgaf about ther professions, and some of the best professionals either didn't receive formal education or didn't receive formal education related to their professions
>>
>>51249697
cancer
>>
>>51249697
I thought linux was all about anti corporate shit
>>
>>
>>51249803
Gonna need you to backup your claims.
>>
>>51249645
Because they need to eat too? Who is going to pay the bills if they publish something too negative about the party supplying them with hardware/software/ad revues.

>>51249697
le edgy sociopath

>>51249736
>When people get in charge of programming without a degree, things become inefficient and insecure.
Extra stupid example. Programming is like any other creative job, where skill and experience are worth much more than a piece paper.

>When people do journalism without a degree it becomes shitty marketing.
Not necessary true either, even if we limit it to technology journalism. Many of the writers are forced to prioritise clicks over content.
>>
File: 1446762658018.jpg (110 KB, 1000x761) Image search: [Google]
1446762658018.jpg
110 KB, 1000x761
>>51249996
>Who is going to pay the bills if they publish something too negative about the party supplying them with hardware/software/ad revues.
>>
>>51250324
The pic pretty much sums up all problems with politics and capitalism. The majority accepts getting fucked in the ass, it's hard to resist not giving them the dick.

Why would Apple lower the prices for their Chinese toys if enough are willing to pay for it? Why would tech journalism focus on reporting facts if enough are willing to read the PR shit?
>>
>>51249697
>>>/pol/
>>
kek syndicate & based wendell do a good job
>>
>>51249697
This. Most people are shit, that's why technology journalism is shit.
>>
>>
>>51249645
>western tech journalism
I get most people still see the world and think it should be fair, morals, values and objectiveness should be defended, but in the end journalism is a business like any other and has been so since the dawn of newspapers. They're mercenaries of information.
A few decades ago journalists would look more objective cause they actually made money selling their propaganda to their niche market but now we're in the age of internet and newspapers and magazines have an infinite amount of competitors in blogs and specialized websites so making a profit is a hundred times as hard as it was a few decades ago.
To keep making a profit they now have to sell their article space as ads and use the most aggressive click baiting tactics and even with all that most media sources are still losing money every year.
You can't really blame journalists for trying to keep their shitty jobs while trying to pay for a huge student loan from a shitty uni. Most of them probably know they're selling trash even if they themselves are idiots.
>>
It's not just tech journalism - it's all journalism.

The masses are stupid and pretty much literally retarded by some definitions. The newspapers want to make money and SELL the news so they have to cater to their retarded demand. Ergo all journalism is now shit because everyone is stupid.

I've worked in retail and I can confirm that it'll make you lose hope in humanity.
>>
>>51249697

>most people are trash, i'd pick profits over them 100% of the time

Hows 7th grade treating you, bro?
>>
>>51249697
People are shit, but a person is smart. Fuck you for being an edgy little shit and sinking to their level.
>>
>>51249645

Well, you see son, those big corporations pay to advert on websites/magazines. As such, these are the true customers of journalism. As such, journalist must keep their customers happy.

You write negative review on a product or bad mouth a company - limited or no access to new products and they'll take their advert dollars elsewhere.

Thats the game, cheers.
>>
>>51249645
Because they know you suck corporate dick too. Technology "enthusiasts" are some of the goodest goys on Earth.
>>
>>51253354
Though they don't even come close to the dick sucking of gaymers. Probably the only industry that manages to give paying customers less every time and ask for more money.

At least tech slowly moves forward and not backwards. (sans Microsoft)
>>
You mean "journalists"
>>
>>51249645
>Why is Western technology journalism so shit? All they do is suck corporate penis and accept the status quo.

Is "Eastern" technology journalism any better?
>>
File: CS7OKueWsAEGTkX.jpg (96 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
CS7OKueWsAEGTkX.jpg
96 KB, 600x1066
>>51256599
>Is "Eastern" technology journalism any better?

Yes, infinitely better.
>>
Gamergate died for our sins guys so that we could see a better tomorrow.
Truly heroes of our age.
>>
>>51249645
Slashdot and Hackernews don't have this problem.

Stop using gizmodo/engdadget
>>
>>51249645
What do you mean? Tweakers.net is the best ever.
>>
>>51258205
I REALLY hope you're not talking about Indian tech sites.
>>
>>51249697
Everyone who responded to you is so mad, but the truth is, mostt people are only kind hearted until serious money is involved, and when the shit hits the fan, you'd better be walking away with the most.
>>
>>51249645
Personally, I see tech journalism with an alignment chart just like DnD.
>Orderly Shill
"Windows 10: A step backwards and a leap forwards"
>Neutral Shill
"30 ways Steve Jobs improved the world"
>Chaotic Shill
"PC is dead. IOS, Android, and Mobile is the future."
>Orderly Neutral
"It's too late to move on from Windows 7, and here's why"
>True Neutral
"Microsoft announced a patch for a fatal vulnerability today"
>Chaotic Neutral
"Microsoft made a mistake by not embracing the progress of Windows 10"
>Orderly Pinko
"Windows 10 is free, proving that even though Microsoft is a million dollar corporation, they still care about their users"
>Neutral Pinko
"Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project."
>Chaotic Pinko
"FOSS was a boys club, until these women in tech showed up!"
>>
>>51259973
Err, by "progress of windows 10" I meant "windows 8"

Still just as retarded. You get my point.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.