[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>package doesn't deliver saturday so you have to wait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: 1447002882123[1].png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1447002882123[1].png
293 KB, 633x758
>package doesn't deliver saturday so you have to wait till monday while it's sitting in a room half a mile away from me right fucking now

anyone else getting keked by the mailman?
>>
>>51247718
>package doesn't deliver saturday

You get stuff delivered on Saturday?
>>
>>51247745

yes with jewsps
>>
>>51247718
I missed a delivery and they left a note saying that I could have it left at the nearest post office. Drove up there and picked it up.
>>
>>51247757
Huh.

I never get shit delivered on Saturdays, regardless of carrier

U.S I assume?
>>
>>51247789

correct. no sunday shipping though
>>
>>51247789
US here and everything I ever order delivers on saturday. Sunday is the only day they don't.
>>
>>51247718

>Amazon Prime says "Order now to receive it Saturday"
>Place order
>Order now says "expected delivery date - Monday"

This happens to often, I expect it to now. Each time I does I bitch on Amazon livechat and they give me free Prime membership to shut me up.

Havent paid for membership in 2 years.
>>
yeah, but it happened last monday so was able to swing by on tuesday and get it.

also that was the first time i left the house in a couple weeks
>>
>>51247718
you should have gotten a PO box. you can get mail earlier than if you have a home address.
>>
File: gls.png (24 KB, 687x276) Image search: [Google]
gls.png
24 KB, 687x276
>>51247718
I know that feel
pic related
>>
>>51247718
USPS is the biggest fuckign scam on the god damn planet, they're horrible.

Amazon rents usps trucks to deliver on sundays

>>51247757
Ups and fedex are great, with ups you can pick up your package if it required a signature and you missed it. Just go to their warehouse when they unload the trucks. Shit's pretty cool.

I work on weekends so I place my orders on weekends and they get there before friday, as the pre-shipping phase usually takes a day or 2 anyway and it's automated.

>>51247828
shit dude, don't you have to use the free trial of prime to get that *Order now and get it on xxxxday" ? Otherwise it's just standard free shipping.
>>
>he doesn't get sunday deliveries

#tybap
>>
Saturday delivery is often free here (nz) o__o
Although we get rekt by shitty nz pricing on everything so keked by whole shitty country
>>
>>51247789

UK here, saturday deliveries are normal
>>
>>51248970
Nobody can read your disgusting language
>>
>tfw all my other parts came except my mobo
>>
>>51247718

knowing that feel right now
>>
>>51248970
>GLS

I usually reredirect my package to a place where I can pick it up at any time, they sometimes offer that a few days before it's supposed to arrive
>>
>>51247718

USPS delivers Saturdays

FedEx/UPS don't
>>
File: 1423199400430.jpg (189 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
1423199400430.jpg
189 KB, 500x746
>Get an email on the 3rd saying my package will be here on the 6th
>Never actually ships, it's just waiting
>November 5th, 11:58pm, package finally leaves origin center in Illinois
>Did we say the 6th? We meant the 10th :^)
>6th, package has gone from Illinois to Georgia in 12 hours, I live a solid 8 hours from where it is
>8th, no updates, still in transit in Georgia, hasn't stopped anywhere, didn't even go to a shipping center in Georgia, it's just there somewhere
>I fucking know that those assholes just dropped it somewhere in Georgia so they can start shipping again on the 10th, get it here at 8pm and say they were on time
FUCK FEDEX
>>
File: I'll kill myself.png (239 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
I'll kill myself.png
239 KB, 800x449
>>51247718
>live in Germany
>buy shit from US
>40 dollars shipping
>FORTY. Fucking. Dollars.
>well whatever. Buy shit, wait 2 weeks
>get letter from German post service
>American crackheads forgot to stuck the bill on the packet, customs didn't let it through
>packet is sitting in some shithole one hour bus drive away from me until I bring them the bill
>German post service offers me to handle the issue for me for an additional 30$
>if I don't go get the packet in 14 days they will send it back to burgerland
A week has gone by and I've been so fucking busy I still didn't go get it. I hate international shipping, I hate mail, I hate customs. Fuck, i hate everything. All I wanted was some t-shirts and a poster.
>>
>>51250351
dude buying anything from california is just as bad

idk what the fuck they're doing down there but they take forEVER to leave cali
>>
File: 1446522527797.jpg (29 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1446522527797.jpg
29 KB, 960x720
we don't have fancy Saturday deliveries in aus
that feel
>>
>>51247955
...really? But large PO boxes with room for more than letters are expensive no?
>>
>>51249616
>USPS
Literally thanks Obama everytime they say it delivered and it didn't or visa versa.

>>51250292
Depends on shipping speed

And idk how many saturdays they were supposed to deliver but did not.

Also usps doesn't do sunday, but I get UPS on sunday.
>>
>>51250766
Has to be approved by the people's party of california inspections squad.
>>
>>51247718
Use an Amazon locker next time you dumbass
>>
>>51249616
>Ups and fedex are great
I have to respectfully disagree anon. Every time I have a package delievered by UPS they either deliver it to the wrong address, constantly change the expected arrival date, and/or always take about 3 years to give me my package. USPS is blazing fast for a great price desu.
>>51247718
Same, waiting for my thinkpad x200t right now
>>
Fucking first world problems you got it so good yet you have no idea can't wait a weekend to play your vidya or whatnot oh god kill self yeah im jelly
>>
>>51251427
I hate usps dude

I live in the boonies and mail is consistent locally but it gets clogged enroute. UPS just drops it off and if I miss them and it requires a signature i can just go pick it up.

I was waiting on my case to show up for a build and that was the last piece. I'm like what the fuck and I checked it was delivered. They dropped it off on the front of the house we never use. Well hidden and whatnot. Turns out it was sitting there for like 2 days
>>
>>51251516
>They dropped it off on the front of the house we never use
Huh whut, iz u stackin bandz anon? u rich af anon? Like frfr senpai, U got too houzez n shit?
>>
>>51247828
You need to bitch to Amazon. If the date changes and you bitch you get credits.
>>
>order a 128gb microsd on Saturday
>choose one day delivery
>next day, Sunday
>get message from amazon saying item is undeliverable because of a wrong address
>it's the same address that Amazon has had for years
>have never chnaged it, had shit delivered here a ton of times
>get on amazon help chat
>they say they'll tell USPS it's the right address
>get it in Monday

It had to be that USPS doesn't deliver on Sundays and they didn't want to deliver it, some fucking bullshit
>>
>>51247718
>whole life stopped because of one package.

might as well kill yourself now
>>
>>51251545
no, it's the way the house is set up all foot traffic is usually through the garage and not the front door. But it's not apparent because we have this sidewalk that goes over there, idk why they do go over there whatever.

Oh lmao, they drop it off in the front of the house, an area we don't typically use.

my mistake
>>
File: enoughisenough.jpg (12 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
enoughisenough.jpg
12 KB, 250x164
>>51247718
>order computer part from amazon
>get the shipping details
>its ontrac

FUCK ontrac is all I have to say
>>
>order something
>special saturday delivery
>doesn't get delivered on saturday
>>
>>51251718
USPS is notorious for this kind of bullshit.

Delivery fulfillment by Amazon, since the partnership with USPS, has be atrocious. It's been so bad for some people that they've threatened to, or cancelled their prime.

If I select 1 day and pay $30 for that shipping, it better fucking be at my door in 24 hours.

USPS is also the shittiest of all delivery services.
>>
OnePlus apparently don't do shit at the weekends, I ordered an X on Friday. It's not even been despatched yet.

They have a warehouse in the UK, like c'mon
>>
>>51252921
Is there no way to force Amazon to not prefer usps? Its always fucked, UPS and FedEx work fine.

Mixed results with smaller carriers, my apartment complex seems to confused them even thought he gate code is in my Amazon profile to share with them.
>>
>>51252973
I've seen that you can gripe to their support repeatedly to get them to place USPS as the lowest possible priority when it comes to delivery companies.

They'll tell you 'no' repeatedly, but jut be persistent. Threaten with cancelling prime.
>>
>>51251718
I'm pretty sure they are just keking the sunday deliveries. I always get some misc. problem about it not being delivered on sunday. They're just making shit up.
>>
File: 1444246371567.png (530 KB, 904x882) Image search: [Google]
1444246371567.png
530 KB, 904x882
>>51247718
>Need cable
>Nobody in area has it
>Order one on ultra rush shipping so it gets here over weekend
>"Hey mane, could you ship weekends so it actually gets here tomorrow?"
>"Sure, senpai"
>Weekend comes and goes
>He finally ships it
>Monday
>>
>>51251178

wut
no they just put a key in your PO Box, that opens a temp box when you get a package
Or if it's really big (like my dick) they'll hold it in the mail room, and put a slip of paper in your PO box
>>
File: deniro clap.gif (300 KB, 185x164) Image search: [Google]
deniro clap.gif
300 KB, 185x164
>mfw LaserShip delivers on Sundays
>>
>>51247718
>Not going to the Fedex home ship center threatening loss of career if you don't get your package
>>
>>51247804
LA here. Sunday delivery's got me, bitches
>>
>could not deliver package: gated community; code required
>call company right away tell them there's no gate and no code
>they add that to delivery notes and say it'll be delivered tomorrow
>next day could not deliver package: gated community; code required
>call again and say THERE'S NO FUCKING GATE I DON'T LIVE IN A GATED COMMUNITY

ONTRAC NOT ON TRAC
>>
>>51247718
break in, no one will notice its gone but you
>>
>>51247718
Why are US mail services so slow?
Like the slowest on the planet slow?

A parcel traveling from fucking Oregon to Sydney, Australia took 5 WEEKS.
>b b but muh international postage is slow its not burger fault

I can get a fucking package from some dodgy seller on aliexpress in 3-4days. that's with the cheap chinapost/ems services. (not real EMS)
>>
>>51247718
>RAM arrived on Saturday 6AM in town but wasn't delivered
>Steam Controller arrived Friday evening on a different service and wasn't delivered either
Fucking shit, Monday it is you fuckers.
>>
>mfw i cant get 7 days a week mail delivery
>mfw its sunday and i got a package today
>>
>Be in VT
>order something
>get tracking
>package left warehouse in NYC
>package arrives in NH
>package has left NH
>package arrives in NYC
>package is out for delivery

it has happened more than once. It's like the USPS completely forgets Vermont is a real place and just sends it back to it original location.
>>
>>51254039
Warehouse (this is owned by Amazon or whoever)->Distribution center (shipping company)->Local distribution (shipping company)

This isn't hard to figure out, anon.
>>
>>51252764

Some Indian Ontrac driver stole my phone once.
>>
>>51254652
did you completely miss that usps sent back to nyc and not vt.
>>
File: JP-Post-Office-Logo.jpg (5 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
JP-Post-Office-Logo.jpg
5 KB, 260x260
>>51247718

>deal with shitty u.s. mail service everyday of my life
>instead of improving, it consistantly gets worse
>sending a package is a fucking nightmare that takes an hour at the post office and costs a fortune
>move to japan
>post office workers are nice and helpful
>packages are quick
>same day delivery from amazon is only $3, next day is free

I used Amazon a lot before, but now if I see something I want, I just order it, and it is at my home when I am done with classes.
>>
Califag here. I hate tax but the fast shipping is worth it. Phones cases on eBay cost $5 with taxes and shipping and arrive in 3 days, usually 2. Newegg uses Ontrac which is even faster. I must be lucky because none of the west coast shipping services like Ontrac and GSO have ever lost my packages.
>>
File: signature-plastics.gif (31 KB, 491x186) Image search: [Google]
signature-plastics.gif
31 KB, 491x186
>>51247718

>leaving the country in two weeks
>order something from SP, a company located in washington
>I am pretty much on the other side of the country, but two weeks is enough time, right?
>estimated delivery: 3 days later
>watch the tracking as it bounces around the country, bypassing my state at least three times
>day before I leave
>still no package
>but out for delivery
>gets marked as no one home
>I was home all day
>no attempted delivery slip
>I leave the country
>is delivered 2 hours later

So pissed.
>>
>>51247718
>he doesnt have sunday delivery
:^)
>>
I usually order my stuff through newegg when possible. I live maybe a few hours drive from their east coast facility in Edison. I always get their super saver 3 day shipping and usually get it in 1 day. Sometime same day.

>Place order for part 2 AM Thursday morning
>Part is at my doorstep 4pm Thursday evening

Also have a microcenter 15 minutes away. Feels good man.
>>
At least you didn't pay for overnight on a package only to be hit with a blizzard to make delivery impossible for two weeks.
>>
Often my packages come in on Fridays
>>
>>51247828
If they don't deliver it on time you need to file a complaint. You are paying for 2 day service and if they don't comply you will get a credit.
>>
>>51247718
This is why USPS is going bankrupt. I hope they go down the toilet soon, they deserve it. If UPS and FedEx can deliver on weekends so can USPS, they act like they're special snowflakes when all they do is deliver fucking mail. They are glorified mules.

Don't like your job? Not my problem. I ordered a specific delivery date and paid for it, if they can't comply then say bye bye to their shitty company.
>>
>>51256426
My mail lady has had to use her personal car for the past month because the post office mechanics are that incompetent to change brakes.
>>
>>51256426
>If UPS and FedEx can deliver on weekends so can USPS
....usps does deliver on weekends. you pay extra just to get ups to leave the warehouse on a saturday morning.
>>
>>51256426
>This is why USPS is going bankrupt.
They're bankrupt because they have to pay all their pensions in advance. That's literally the only thing keeping them from solvency.
>>
>ordered a bluetooth part from gookistan
>could take up to two months to arrive
>only listing I could find for this super rare part

kekmylife
>>
>>51256426

They were actually making a profit for awhile and doing good.

Then they were forced to pay pensions for like the next 100 years in advancw and suddenly have no money for any maintanence or infrastructure improvements.

We would have great mail service if USPS was just left the fuck alone.
>>
>>51247955
I had a PO Box for a while, my shit was always getting sent to the wrong post office.
>>
>>51257979
This is where the US could learn a thing or two from us over in the UK.
Royal Mail is the best mail company, bar none.

You order something, and pay for "guaranteed by 1pm next day" delivery? You got it.

Need to ship a huge 20kg package on 1 day delivery? They'll even pick it up at your house/place of work.

Cheap as hell too
>>
>>51258856

>20kg

shut the fuck up
>>
Im waiting on some delivery driver flipping his shit and murdering some neckbeard he had to deliver mac and cheese too for the hundreth time this week
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.