[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/entoomen I got a little story for you. >friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 2921539-4751336671-ps4-h.jpg (37 KB, 1034x540) Image search: [Google]
2921539-4751336671-ps4-h.jpg
37 KB, 1034x540
Alright /g/entoomen I got a little story for you.

>friend owns pic related
>as far as tech level goes he is 1/10
>knows how to put the disks in and that's about it
>starts hearing things about 4k and how it looks amazing
>wants 4k on his ps4
>then watches a 144fps demo and wants that too
>to not even speak of the hardware, he only has a standard 720p, 60hz tv
>but ok I'll play along
>hatch-idea.deb
>go over to his house and tell him there's a way I can make his ps4 run 4k
>come prepared with this ass old 160gb, 4200rpm, sata1.0 hard drive pulled from an old netbook, and usb stick to install ps4 os
>backup data on existing hdd, switch drives, install ps4 os and restore from backup
>it's now running exactly like before, minus being somewhat slower and having 340gb less space
>hand ps4 back to friend, tell him it should now be running 4k, 144fps and that the reduced hard drive space is just a result of the 4k "program"
>fucking buys it
>powers the thing up and puts in gta5
>him: "hey why are the loading times longer now?"
>me: "oh it's just the 4k textures, you know, bigger file size and all"
>buys it once again
>game finally loads up
>him: "holy SHIT this is amazing! so smooth! totally worth the hard drive space."
>"also, lol, pc mustard race has to pay like $4000 for a 'rig' that can run this but my $350 ps4 can run it just fine"
>go home, have super toppest of all keks

Moral of the story: placebo effect works especially good on consumers who are already good at swallowing loads of shit.
>>
>>51244795
some friend you are.
>>
You sound like a shitbag. Was the point you stole a shitty HDD or that you're just a bad person at heart?
>>
>>51244795
A lot of work to make your friend feel happier OP.

You're a good friend.
>>
No remorse.
>>
You sound like a fucking faggot.
>>
Enjoy your hat
>>
>>51244815
this. youre a real shit head op
>>
>>51244820
I'm keeping the HDD in a safe place in case he ever realizes what's going on and wants it back. I'm not that big of a shitbag.
>>
>>51244822
Yeah, I guess it truly does enhance his play experience. So I did him a service? That's a funny way to look at it.
>>
>>51244850
the fact you did this at all makes you a real big Shitbag. now promptly fuck off.
>>
Youre both faggots.
>>
>>51244795
Everyone who's calling you a factor in this threads are just bigger faggots. This is Fucking hilarious. I've tried to get my buddy to get a gaming pc but instead he is just an idiot and bought both consoles. Your post made my morning.
>>
>>51244915
You're a fucking factor.
>>
>>51244915
Go back to pcmr you autist.
>>
I didn't know there was this many consolebabbies on /g/
>>
>>51244969
With how cheap a ps4 is, pc gaming is just a meme.
>>
I genuinely believe this. Although you should wait two weeks then explain to him why he's a retard.
>>
>>51244795
I can pull the same shit on my uncle and he'd eat it up. I love my uncle but hes retarded and I hate talking tech with him.

He currently thinks he can turn his ps3 into a ps4 using a ps4 Disc. Being poor all your life really has its way with your mind.
>>
>>51245020
>paying for online
>30fps
top kek
>>
>>51245020
>You can build a pc better than a ps4 for the same price
>>
>>51245169

build a better $300 pc then
>>
>>51245169
No you cannot.
>>
>>51245020
>always buying 60$ games
>practically no sales
>have to buy ps+ 50$/yr to play online and get "free" games and "sales"
>no way to pirate
>can build a ps4 crusher pc for 400$
>>
>>51245461
>$400
Sauce?
>>
>>51244845
Under r8ed post
OP has no friends
>>
>>51245509
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d4twBm

there you go, 350$ with mouse/kb (pirate windows or get it off g2a) and edges out the ps4 in most benchmarks. if you need wifi throw in some cheap 5$ usb adapter off amazon

>inb4 "it doesn't come with a monitor"

yeah, neither does a ps4. this includes everything your ps4 does (the system, input devices, and a gaming-ready os)
>>
>>51244969
>console Babies
>>reddit
>>
>>51244795
Try that again on a tech literate person see if you can have same result
>>
Op are you jewish?
>>
>>51245642
You fuckin retard

>hurr ps4 don't have monitor

Pc is obviously not like ps4 and you need a monitor and all that shit to be considered a pc tf outta here senpai
>>
>>51244795
Faggot of a friend you are.
>>
>>51245642
>ps4 crusher pc
You do realize that games in 2 years will have to still run at 24 to 30fps at the very least on current consoles, right? Something that fucking 750ti won't even handle.
>>
>>51249566
But it can, you just gotta keep the settings as low as the console counterparts.
>>
>>51249756
No, what I was talking about was lowest settings/same resolution. Besides that would be slightly unfair as some multiplatform PC titles have lower quality profiles than the default graphics quality on console.
>>
Why is he such a shitbag?
His retard friend is happy, and it's not like he could ever actually have any of those things.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.