[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I make the download bar in google chrome go away automatically?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1446819888044.jpg (77 KB, 658x632) Image search: [Google]
1446819888044.jpg
77 KB, 658x632
how do I make the download bar in google chrome go away automatically?

the experiemental flag was removed
"download manager" slows down startup ridiculously after about a month of use (up to 5 seconds). unacceptable
"always clear download" resets the saved folder every 5 seconds. unacceptable

inb4 switch to firefox. can't, too many sites still use flash
>>
File: 1433800213822.png (20 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
1433800213822.png
20 KB, 200x300
>>51244380
>switch to firefox. can't, too many sites still use flash

Are you implying that Flash doesn't work with Firefox?
>>
>>51244415
yes. i had been using firefox since it was called firebird but had to make the switch to chrome when I made the switch to windows because the shitty adobe flash kept crashing multiple times a day

chrome doesn't have issues with (its own version of?) flash
>>
>>51244380
use "Clear Downloads" addon
its shit because it basically just deletes everything in the download bar leaving you without a download history and the save to folder will be reset.

But I prefer it over having to manually close that shitty bar
>>
>>51244438
I have firefox and chrome on Arch and Windows 7. Flash content works fine in both.
>>
>>51244438
Firefox doesn't have any issues with Flash.
>>
>>51244506
not true desu or you've just never experienced how well flash works in chrome and are used to the slow unreliable shit that flash is in firefox especially if you have more than one instance running in tabs
>>
>>51244583
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>51244615
open a twitch stream and two youtube videos in tabs and tell me how it goes
>>
>>51244629
Running fine. 2 youtube tabs and 2 twitch tabs all playing, plus 4ching in firefox, also have multiple tabs open in chrome at the same time (including youtube).

Not even on a powerful computer, just a chromebook with arch linux.
>>
>>51244629
Why the fuck would you need to be playing 4 vids simultaneously anyway?
>>
>>51244666
idk I've had constant problems on various hardware and this right now is a very powerful computer and struggles from the same. also people on my [spoiler]IRC[/spoiler] channel have been complaining about the same so I'm not alone
>>51244683
don't even need to be playing. a video on pause is enough for the flash to be running and causing problems
>>
>>51244707
Not sure what sort of idiots you hang out with in [spoiler]IRC[/spoiler], but there is nothing wrong with flash in firefox.

Maybe you're all using outdated versions?
>>
>>51244583
your problem seems like using multiple instances of flash. Chrome opens a new process for every tab, Firefox don't. The problem is that if one tab or flash freezes the whole Firefox freezes. As long as you only use one flash instance with firefox you should be fine.
The only advantage of Firefox with its one process approach is, that it makes it way more RAM efficiently if you use a lot of tabs.

Firefox is aiming for multi processes in one of its next releases. You can already test it using a developer Firefox version and activating electrolysis
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis
>>
>tfw they removed "navigation mode" that makes the address bar hide and give you fullscreen and the tabs + address bar popped back when you hovered top left
>tfw it's only one chrome os now
fuck google man
>>
>>51244735
>As long as you only use one flash instance with firefox you should be fine.
yeah but see this is like saying "it's not a problem of the software. you just have to limit what you do and act carefully not to crash it and it won't crash"
>Chrome opens a new process for every tab, Firefox don't. The problem is that if one tab or flash freezes the whole Firefox freezes.
I know this fundamental design difference but the thing is even single instances of flash don't crash on chrome if I have, say 4 different instances of flash running. none of them will crash. compared to firefox where one will crash and take all down
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.