[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this bitch come out in December or what, for fuck's sake?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: mbp-5.jpg (606 KB, 1400x796) Image search: [Google]
mbp-5.jpg
606 KB, 1400x796
Will this bitch come out in December or what, for fuck's sake?!
>>
>>51242663
I fucking hope so, Jesus. Haven't had a laptop in 6 months. Had the 15" Rmbp, 2015 MB, 5k iMac, surface pro 3 i7/512, surface pro 4.

Everything except the 15" Rmbp has been dog shit. Sorry, but you pay for quality and anything under a maxed out laptop just isn't worth it
>>
>>51242831
Also, iPhone 6+ is dog shit awful. 3 bent replacements and it still lags with iOS 9. Lmao. Trash.
>>
>>51242841
>being an applecuc.k

Kill yourself immediately faggot.
>>
File: what-00035.jpg (159 KB, 914x947) Image search: [Google]
what-00035.jpg
159 KB, 914x947
>>51242831
>rMBP
>Maxed out laptop
I like Apple laptops too but come on, specs are not their strong point.
>>
>>51242831
>not buying rMBP's for the display.
There's literally no other reason.
>>
>>51243101
You also forgot how quiet it is, the trackpad and the only OS that can properly drive that display.
>>
>>51242841
Sure it does, lagdroid. Sure it does.
>>
>>51242831
thats the reason I would never buy laptop under 1000$, they are all shit. Need max out machine but desktops are not destined for me. I simply hate them. kek
>>
>>51243173
enjoy the overpriced hardware
>>
>>51243192
Would you like to explain HOW it is overpriced? Try to find any regular windows shitbook with those specs for cheaper. You can't.
>>
>>51243125
My 4 year old thinkpad is equally quiet, and it doesn't melt my lap because it actually has fans.
Any OS can drive that display you idiot.
The keyboard is dogshit also.

The trackpad is very good, I'll give you that.

>>51243250
Dell XPS 13
>>
>>51243560
>Dell XPS 13
That has basically the same specs as the old un-updated Macbook Air 13" base model (4gb ram, integrated shit graphics, 1080p shit resolution, i5, 128gb ssd shit tier), and costs $100 more.... Great job showing me a fine example of my previous comment.
>>
>>51242831
I buy transformerbooks, a laptop should be nothing more but a glorified tablet, you have a stationary PC for a reason
>>
I heard something about new airs and pros coming out in December with a new 15 inch air, but since the ipad pro comes out that time I doubt it. January-March is when you can expect new macs
>>
>>51243773

>1080p shit
>128gb ssd shit tier

adding 'shit' and 'shit tier' don't make things shit tier anon.
>>
If they have any sense they'll release it in January, marking ten years of the Macbook Pro line (January10, 2006)
>>
>>51243997
1080p is pretty bad.
128 is pretty small
>>
>>51243773
>implying any laptop needs an i7
How do your grilled legs taste?
>>
>>51244027
>1080p
>13" shit
I don't think you know how this works.
>>
>>51244003
Oh that's a nice observation. Let's hope they'll do that, my current laptop is starting to shit itslef
>>
Is the retina screen really worth getting a mbp over a mba for?
>>
>>51244215
I had to give up on trying to get a 13.3" Retina after getting three with severe non-uniform pink tint problems. Maybe I'm just horribly unlucky, but I ended up just getting a 13.3" MBA and it's flawless.

The MBA display is TN junk with poor vertical viewing angles, limited color gamut, etc. but mine can at least display a white background properly. Also, no worried about image retention issues with the MBA display. The MBP display looked *far* better when it came to color quality in graphics/photos, though.

I'm also not a huge fan of the way Apple's Retina scaling system forces blurring of non-Retina images. As far as I could find there was no way to view images at 1:1 resolution in Preview or in a browser, and even when set to "best for Retina" resolution which is essentially a 4:1 ratio, it still applies some sort of interpolation/smoothing to non-Retina images making them look blurry. The MBA display just has a nice and crisp fairly-high "normal" PPI.
>>
>>51243560
>My 4 year old thinkpad is equally quiet
Want to know how I know you've never used a rMBP and ThinkPad side by side?

>it doesn't melt my lap because it actually has fans.
And you're computer illiterate. Amazing.

>Any OS can drive that display you idiot.
And you clearly have no idea what you're talking about again. Even Windows 10 has trouble with high PPI displays. Not that you'd know since if you had one you'd realize how shitty it works.

>The keyboard is dogshit also.
Flexes less than my T520 did, also doesn't use shitty plastic that wears out in 3 months like my T520 either. It's subjective either way.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.