[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just rooted my nexus 6p. So what cool stuffs can i do on it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Reasons-to-Root-Android-Devices.jpg (268 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Reasons-to-Root-Android-Devices.jpg
268 KB, 620x400
Just rooted my nexus 6p. So what cool stuffs can i do on it?
>>
>>51234007
Bend it.
>>
>>51234194
/thread

Nexus 6p is a piece of crap.
>>
Call everyone a pleb for not rooting thier's.
>>
Brick it
>>
>>51234219
Its seems fine to me. Running a lot smoother that the note4
>>
>>51234007
I have a 5x ie one step down from the 6p and I don't see the point of rooting either since there's no real bloatware to uninstall.
>>
>>51234292
True that. I only rooted to force hibernate background app that were sucking my battery but Doze does a much better job at it already so there's no need to anymore.
>>
install gentoo
>>
Not use Android Pay
>>
>>51234007
Download root checker and make fun of others
>>
Cataclysm if there's a ROM available for the 6P, Greenify, Viper4Android, Titanium Backup.
>>
>>51234007
Install iOS
>>
>>51234007
Break it. Unroot it before you fuck something up
>>
>>51234253
For real. What is wrong with all you faggots that need to root for "basic functionality." What a load of shit. You don't need root.

> in b4 muh ad blocks
Try not installing super shitty apps
>>
>>51238653
>"basic functionality"
Have you ever lived without Gapps, so much better
>>
>>51238749
Android may not be for you
>>
>>51234007
everything you can do on normal linux with root privileges

rooting became something that normalfags are doing and then wondering why do they need it. what the fuck
>>
>>51236429
This

>>51236505
Viper4Android and Titanium, no need for greenify on the 6P

>>51238614
The chance of someone bricking a device these days is close to 0, its not like in the Gingerbread days.

>>51238653
AdBlocking on the web, blocking ads instead of purchasing premium apps, getting to use the entire screen in some (shitty) games.

>>51238800
This, if you don't like GApps its smarter to install Ubuntu Touch or Tizen.

>>51238857
This as well, most don't need root.

>>51234007
Get the Xposed framework once it's out for your phone. Tons of great modules to get. Like YouTube adaway, rootcloak, YouTube play with screen off (without YTRed), Wanam, ActivityForceNewTask, Boot Manager, CompleteActionPlus, Native Clipboard, Protected apps, XPrivacy, Screen filter (the module lets you add a slider to the dragdownmenu), Snapprefs, and anything else you might need.
>>
>>51238964
>>51238964

what did you use to root it? last time i tried it corrupted the system and i had to restore it
>>
>>51234776
rekt
>>
>>51239004
Wow, you really are retarded. There are different roor methods for every device. Some are more universal than others. Look up how to do it for your specific device.

For example:
With my Galaxy Nexus its was as easy as plugging it into my computer and running 3 commands in the terminal. Same procedure for Windows, Mac and Linux, just different files that needed flashing with slightly different commands. Also had to get Google/Samsung USB drivers.

With my Note 3 (SM-N900T) I had to download the files and custom recovery. Then connect my phone over the included USB3.0 cable after turning on debug and downloading Odin and the Samsung USB drivers. (Samsung flashing and restoring software). Then lastly running/flashing the root script and SuperSU/TWRP with Odin.

On my G3 I tried 4 different methods before finding one that worked. Those that didn't (for my model) where towelroot, script method, some random finish software I can't recall the name of and lastly purpledrake, which worked. The G3 also required use of custom USB drivers, LG Flash tool but I had to flash TWRP using flashify on the device.
>>
>>51239178
>Galaxy
>Note3
>G3

I know how to root. I have done it before.
What I used for my Nexus 6p didn't work.
Also they annunced a root without touching the system but it is not working
>>
>>51239202
Fucking google zedomax
>>
>>51234259
>(x) doubt
>>
>>51234007
Install apps
Not use google wallet because your phone is rooted and therefore "insecure".
>>
kill yourself fggt
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.