[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you prefer, /g/? Buying actual textbooks, or just downloading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: scheme_lisp_SICP_Japan_edition.jpg (208 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
scheme_lisp_SICP_Japan_edition.jpg
208 KB, 600x445
What do you prefer, /g/? Buying actual textbooks, or just downloading them?
Is it more efficient to study from the actual physical books?
>>
I prefer physical.
But you get so jewed with text books I rather just pirate that shit
>>
>>51230456
same basically. For whatever reason I find reading and actually studying to be way easier (or maybe just more comfy) from a physical book, but end up pirating a lot of my shit. For a few classes I'd pirate the textbook and if I found I was using it a lot I'd just take it out from the library for the whole semester (yes I was that guy)
>>
Download and print out the material on the university printers then put them all in a pretty binder.

Ultimate anti-Jew way of learning.
>>
>>51230561
Our university watches printer usage of every user very closely
>>
>>51230421
Physical text books, i dont relly care that they cost 50$ or more, if i think the content is worth learning the price only adds to my motivation.
That being said, second hand is best.
>>
>>51230561
You gotta be careful with that shit though
Getting kicked out of school for a $300 book when you pay $30k a year is a poor life choice

Also for those pay to print places you might as well just buy the book new because they Jew as well
>>
>>51230561
my school requires you to be signed in to your student account and charges you $0.10/page that gets charged directly to your account. The jews hav really started to outjew themselves
>>
I always try to study how I test. If the tests and assignments are online, I always prefer digital text. If it's always written tests and assignments, I want paper. This just helps me compartmentalize information.

That said, ctrl + F is like god mode for textbooks.

>>51230602
damn jew university

My uni gives you a credit of $10 that is spent on a per-page basis when you print. Once you run out you can just replenish the account for more pages.
>>
>>51230694
My highschool did that, $.20 for color pages.
>>
Digital. Downloading is free, allows for Control+F, and multiple instances allows me to view multiple pages at the same time, which works great on my multi-monitor setup.
>>
>>51230456
this desu senpai

I only have a few hard copies, like SICP and a few algorithm books.
>>
>>51230456
this. i've been importing my books from india recently, shit is SO cash.

or this >>51230561
>>
>>51230421
You can't use ctrl f on a physical book
>>
>>51232808
it's called flipping to the index
>>
>>51232878
and risk a papercut? are you mad?!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.